What was your best de-farkle?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5lbtrout

Reaction score
For me it was removing after market exhausts and putting back the OEM cans.

As someone said once on this board, "I love my woman and my bike but don't want to listen to either of them all day long."

What was your favorite de-farkle?

Throttlerocker. Hated the POS. Wasn't on long.

#1 would have been Throttlemeister, but when I put my Vista Cruise on I just left the TM on there as a bar end weight.

Good topic. I think this topic may be a first in the history of FJRForum. Tough to do.

#1 would have been Throttlemeister, but when I put my Vista Cruise on I just left the TM on there as a bar end weight.

Good topic. I think this topic may be a first in the history of FJRForum. Tough to do.

Where o where are these discarded treasures.

Regards

Surly

:ph34r:

Upright not Uptight

The Throttle miester didn't work for me so it ended up on FJRchiks bike. Like the vista cruise much better.

Aftermarket front SS Lines - the fitup connection to the frame suucckked cheese. I didn't have to defarkle it...the AR roads defarkled me away from that bike.

We all know that the stock shield sucks for the most part - and countless threads have resulted in me purchasing nearly every freakin' after market shield made . . .

but my favorite de-farkle was removing my after-market shield and installing an OEM shield after I lopped 4 inches off the top . . . nice clean air, better handling without having a +4 tall +2 wide boat sail stuck on the front.

Where o where are these discarded treasures.

Regards

Surly

:ph34r:

Upright not Uptight
Man, I can't live without my throttlerocker. Been using one since '96 or so. If its the original design, I'll take it off your hands if its taking up space in a drawer. Always good to have a spare, since they use velcro now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kissan Signalminder. Sure, it would turn off the turn signals, but then you had to remember to hit the signal cancel button anyway before using your signals again the next time. They need to come up with another reminder to do that. Not.

Kissan Signalminder. Sure, it would turn off the turn signals, but then you had to remember to hit the signal cancel button anyway before using your signals again the next time. They need to come up with another reminder to do that. Not.
a >100 db beeper is my best solution...at least they quit calling me "Flash"

now, my first thought was the sleeve off my right TOG...now it holds my air horn

but really, it was removing the Yammy tall shield and replacing it with a Cal Sci Medium which I love lots

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

a >100 db beeper is my best solution...at least they quit calling me "Flash"

I solved the problem by putting a couple bright surface mount LEDs (Clicky), one on each side, that are much brighter than the dim Gen II indicators. Hard to miss 'em now.

<SNIP>Good topic. I think this topic may be a first in the history of FJRForum. Tough to do.
+1

I think you may be on to something. I don't recall EVER seeing a defarkle thread!

I think removing my V-Stream and going back to my Cee Bailey's after cutting the vents in it. Other than that, I can't think of anything I have taken off the bike. :-O

Oh wait! I did remove my Holeshot exhaust. THAT was the best hing I ever did. Nothing worse than a constant drone for a 3K mile trip to kill the fun. JMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Corbin Canyon Saddle. Didn't go back to stock, Bill Mayer.
This. Except I went back to stock... for now. Just not for my ass, literally. :unsure:

I've had thoughts of going back to stock from my Holeshots... but then I twist the throttle and those thoughts are lost amid a glorious sound! :yahoo:

+1. Same exact story. Pretty but practically useless.
Yup...

AND the throttle rocker that now resides on SilverPenguin's FJR.

AND the Holeshots that live in a box, on a shelf, in the garage. Duff's right...the constant drone ruins a trip for me.