What's the largest item you have strapped to your bike?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevec677

Reaction score
Ok everyone, What is the largest object that you have transported via motorcycle? Passengers don't count!!!

I'll start: Back in the day the radiator for my 1968 Mustang blew out and needed to be repaired. I thought, "How am going to do this?" then I looked at my dad's motorcycle. Hmmmmmmm? Twenty minutes later I'm cruising thru town with a large radiator strapped to the sissy bar of my dad 1975 Honda CB500T. I'm glad camera phone didn't exist back then. So what ya got?

A set of tires.

I'll also for Don Stanley....he most likely will say "his penis". There, got that outta the way.

I will also answer about the most painful thing I have transported...a six week old kitten zipped up tight into my motorcycle jacket to get it to the animal hospital. (I had no car at the time)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oxygen Concentrator.--older version about 45 lbs and basically the same dimensions as a large dehumidifier. My Father in Law had a medical supply business. I was helping him out occasionally he asked me if I would pick up a return from one of the Nursing Homes that he contracted with. After practice I stopped by and it was marked to be picked up. I had one of the small bungie net things, a half a roll of athletic tape, and I borrowed some packing tape from the front desk of the nurses station. I rolled down the interstate with that thing on the back and I got some interesting looks from the people who thought I must have been hard core to be riding while on Oxygen. Father in Law thought I was in the Honda Civic............not the CBR 900 RR when he asked what I was driving to practice. BOTH were Hondas.

2 Hockey sticks and complete set of hockey player gear. Not goalie.

1966 sent a large foot locker by bus to Logan, Utah since I rode my BSA Thunderbolt from Farmington, N.M. to Logan. When I had to pick it up I took a guy from

the dorm and had him hold it while it was across the tank and under my arms. In 1968 traded the BSA straight up for first year DT250 and never regretted it.

1980 from Mass to Fort Carson Colorado with full size army duffel bag on my XS850

11193284_1654996204723733_2933290387712782461_n.jpg

All of my earthly possessions. I was rear-ended shortly after this pic, bike was totaled but I barely felt a thing. Of course, i'm making this all up....

Loaded.jpg

No, no camping with Don. I get nervous around guys that are always talking about how large their Irish whatever is.

Then ask me to rub their shoulder, cuz you know, it hurts.

No, this thread is real interesting to see what people are strapping onto their bikes. The NSA is gonna have a field day with this one.