What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoulda stayed in Wytheville. 50F and raining.

The trees changed from barely showing any color to about 25-30% change while we were gone.

78F, partly cloudy, light wind. Trees just starting to turn, kids & touristas gone. Local roadwork mostly completed. Pretty much about as good as it'll get.

I'm outta here to somewhere else

First rain in many months with snow in the mountains. It figures cause I'm leaving in the morning for the clan gathering. Looks like rain gear time.

Matthew is of concern right now. I should fair alright, as I'm in the middle of the state, but Vic, Tony, Ken, Dan, and Jim are on the east coast.

Here's hoping it moves east.

Matthew is of concern right now. I should fair alright, as I'm in the middle of the state, but Vic, Tony, Ken, Dan, and Jim are on the east coast.Here's hoping it moves east.
Yeah, looks like it'll be up my way just in time for the weekend. Guess I need to make sure the gutters aren't clogged with pine needles and leaves eh?

Matthew is of concern right now. I should fair alright, as I'm in the middle of the state, but Vic, Tony, Ken, Dan, and Jim are on the east coast.

Yeah, looks like it'll be up my way just in time for the weekend. Guess I need to make sure the gutters aren't clogged with pine needles and leaves eh?
Nah, don't worry about it. The wind and rain will wash that stuff right off!

I've been watching the updates on projected paths latest, and it's not looking good for those of us in Florida, the Carolina's, and the rest of the Eastern Seaboard. The model in the link shows the possibilities of where the eye could go.

I remember 2004 vividly, as we had 3 hurricanes pass directly over us, in a 6wk period. They were all Cat 1's when they were over us, and still, it was scary.

I personally know of 5 forum members, that are on the east coast of Florida. This hurricane has great potential, to dramatically impact them and others.

Let's hope that it turns east, and leaves us alone. If not, that it has minimal consequences to life and property.

Hoping for everyone's sake it turns east and out to sea. Of course this weekend is the Void Rally which has a group starting in GA and we've yet to ride in this rally without rain.

Nah, don't worry about it. The wind and rain will wash that stuff right off!
Yeah, right into the basement! No thanks. As long as the gutters don't overflow the basement stays dry.

I've been watching the updates on projected paths latest, and it's not looking good for those of us in Florida, the Carolina's, and the rest of the Eastern Seaboard. The model in the link shows the possibilities of where the eye could go.I remember 2004 vividly, as we had 3 hurricanes pass directly over us, in a 6wk period. They were all Cat 1's when they were over us, and still, it was scary.

I personally know of 5 forum members, that are on the east coast of Florida. This hurricane has great potential, to dramatically impact them and others.

Let's hope that it turns east, and leaves us alone. If not, that it has minimal consequences to life and property.
Not to sound snippy b/c I feel sorry for folks along the coast but if the storm follows the projected path in your link then impact here in the centrals of NC will be minimal.

Well, off of the Hurricane topic, it was a BEAUTIFUL day here in Albuquerque. My guys and I went on a training ride and took my dumb brother with us.

20161004_114105.jpg

Dang...Sometimes it's totally worth waking up in the morning to go to work!

I am expecting a guest at my house within the next 30 hours. MATTHEW

Busy trying to find gas and supplies. I have got to cut down some threatening branches from the tree out front. Seems every hurricane we survive through has lessons to show us our weaknesses in preparation. The path is looking a little better within the last 2 hours. I have got the BMW enduro here at work in case things get crazy.

All buttoned up and waiting for the show. Hope it's just an action movie and not a tragedy. My kids asked if we might see any alligators flying thru the air like cows in Twister. I told them anythings possible.

I am at work, just saw an update... This is gonna be bad. My wife will be safe as she works at the hospital and is locked in for at least 2 days. I am gonna ride this out at my house. Palm Beach projection of up to 150 mile winds. Dog gone... Power will be gone soon...