What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mean while in Arizona, 100+ all week.

PngMedium-burning-sun-with-angry-eyes-emotion-15564.png

Mean while in Arizona, 100+ all week.[img=[URL="https://images.clipshrine.com/getimg/PngMedium-burning-sun-with-angry-eyes-emotion-15564.png%5D"]https://images.clipshrine.com/getimg/PngMedium-burning-sun-with-angry-eyes-emotion-15564.png][/URL]
Not just all week. More like through September!

Geez, it's been almost a month since there has been a weather post!Weather has been uniformly lousy in the Northeast (at least in Atlantic Canada). With the exception of a couple of days, May was cold and wet. Same with June, so far and for the next several days. I can see, however, a faint glimmer of sunshine and some small hope of some warmer days and nights in the longer range forecast.

Time to dig out some camping gear and head for New Hampshire for a few days. Planning to head out in a week. Unless, of course, the forecast gets changed (yet again).

Where is this global warming people keep talking about?
Next week will probably be a nice one. This week bbdig, Big Ogre and I had planned a 5 day, dirty roads tour of NH, VT, and western MA on our Vstroms. Had to postpone it a couple of weeks after we got a look at how wet it will be Monday through Thursday. VT clay dirt roads aren't much fun to ride in the rain. BTDT.

And for the record, the current name of the "Global Warming" sham is "Climate Change." That way they don't have to actually prove it is getting any warmer to create a lot of concern about a naturally occurring variation in CO2 levels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez, it's been almost a month since there has been a weather post!

Weather has been uniformly lousy in the Northeast (at least in Atlantic Canada). With the exception of a couple of days, May was cold and wet. Same with June, so far and for the next several days. I can see, however, a faint glimmer of sunshine and some small hope of some warmer days and nights in the longer range forecast.

Time to dig out some camping gear and head for New Hampshire for a few days. Planning to head out in a week. Unless, of course, the forecast gets changed (yet again).

Where is this global warming people keep talking about?
Next week will probably be a nice one. This week bbdig, Big Ogre and I had planned a 5 day, dirty roads tour of NH, VT, and western MA on our Vstroms. Had to postpone it a couple of weeks after we got a look at how wet it will be Monday through Thursday. VT clay dirt roads aren't much fun to ride in the rain. BTDT.

And for the record, the current name of the "Global Warming" sham is "Climate Change." That way they don't have to actually prove it is getting any warmer to create a lot of concern about a naturally occurring variation in CO2 levels.
Yes, next week is looking better than this week for sure. Since I am camping, I am looking for moderate overnight temperatures as well as a lack of precipitation. While I CAN camp (and ride) when it is cooler or wet, why would I bother unless there is no choice?

...CO2 levels or CO2 levels?

Although we are a non-political forum, I'll use the politically correct "Climate Change" in the future.

Yeah, wrong button pressed. Although if the oxygen was squared it would be better breathing, right?

The Swiss company Climeworks has it all figured out. They plan on extracting the "excessive" CO2 from the atmosphere and then selling it back to farmers (you know, people who actually want to grow carbon based plants and things) for profit. I think their company motto is: "Save the world and make a franc."

Sunny, clear skies, light wind and eighty degrees.

That's eight words to say one: lovely.

(The eighty degree part is a few hours off, I admit!)

What the heck happened to summer? 44 this morning with a high of 55, coolest spring since the beginning of time. Proof Al Gore was smoking the good stuff from the Trinity triangle. Global warming my arse!

This will be our 3rd day of an early summer heat wave with daytime temps over 90 degrees. Went to that from highs in the low 70's (more normal springtime highs) and will be dropping back to those tomorrow.

I don't know how you southern guys can stand riding in heat that high all the time. I'd seriously prefer riding in cold weather and using heated gear, right up until the ice forms, than sweltering heat and humidity. I guess part of that is due to my commitment to ATGATT. But I just don't feel right riding in a tee shirt and jeans anymore.

Big storm cell popped up late last night, up to a foot of flash flooding in places near me (I was driving home). Heaviest rain I've ever been in. Checking the radar, it looked like we had about 30 minutes, and my rain gauge shows just about 3" !!!!

bugnatr said (8 days ago):

What the heck happened to summer? 44 this morning with a high of 55, coolest spring since the beginning of time. Proof Al Gore was smoking the good stuff from the Trinity triangle. Global warming my arse!
F#$%ing A$$whole! Look what you did now!
not_i.gif
rolleyes.gif

Working on the FJR and the white 'baru and sweating my a$$ off! Too old for working in heat, and though Teri would have the air on in Sacto, . . . WhOllY $hIt, it's supposed to be ratcheting up even further down there . . . to 109* !!!
evil.gif

I'm all for some more unseasonably mild weather here.
crazy.gif

bugnatr said (8 days ago):
F#$%ing A$$whole! Look what you did now!
not_i.gif
rolleyes.gif

Working on the FJR and the white 'baru and sweating my a$$ off! Too old for working in heat, and though Teri would have the air on in Sacto, . . . WhOllY $hIt, it's supposed to be ratcheting up even further down there . . . to 109* !!!
evil.gif

I'm all for some more unseasonably mild weather here.
crazy.gif
Waddya say Rich? Can't hear you when I'm floating in the pool.
punk.gif