What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This morning, at 6:30 central time, at the official weather station a half mile from my house, it's -36 F, with no wind chill.
Perfect time to head out on foot to the nearest Subway for a foot long, so I hear... :rolleyes:

Same thing today. I had it all cleaned up and another foot overnight. It's supposed to last for two more days. You folks to the east better get ready.
We havent been getting much of the white stuff. All the East coasters can thank me. See, I bought myself a big new snowblower this year. Isnt that the way it always works? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Eight inches of snow last Thursday, then 13 and a half Saturday night, with wind gusts up to 56 mph where I live. Spent three hours yesterday holding on to heated grips. They were on my snowblower, sadly. Had an iced beard and snotcicles. Single digit highs all week this week, and lows around minus 10 every night. Snowiest February ever in our town.

We bitch about it a lot, but I bet most of this will be melted by July.

Eight inches of snow last Thursday, then 13 and a half Saturday night, with wind gusts up to 56 mph where I live. Spent three hours yesterday holding on to heated grips. They were on my snowblower, sadly. Had an iced beard and snotcicles. Single digit highs all week this week, and lows around minus 10 every night. Snowiest February ever in our town.
We bitch about it a lot, but I bet most of this will be melted by July.
Just like when I was a kid growing up in Willmar. I hear you have some big drifts now.

About 6 inches of rain forecasted over the next few days, Tahoe area is expected to get another 8 feet of snow on top of the 35' base at Squaw Valley ski resort.

Up until now a pretty mild winter. "Now" being 15+ inches of snow and still spitting. Bike safe from being crashed for at least a couple of weeks hence
rolleyes.gif

Third day in a row for plowing and it's forecast to snow again tonight. I still have a few neighbors that can't get out so to the tractor I go. I did stop long enough to wire my Gerbings jacket to the tractor.
smile.png

Spent the night in Redding Ca last night after getting my seat for the S-10 done by Seth Laam yesterday. Then drove the RV 350 miles south down to a RV park just east of Coalinga Ca.

I have Arm stronged motorcycles for miles and miles thru some nasty stuff but today was a tough one right up there with some of them. One for the books, God I love days like this! Thank you Amen.

^^^^ I won't tell you it was mid 40s and sunny at home Panman!

Enjoy the trip south and we'll need a full report on the new seat...

~G

Finished cleaning up remains of our shed demolished by a tree on windy New Year’s Eve and started removing a tree that dropped on the front fence day before yesterday. Wing gusts up to 65 mph north of here. Repairs start tomorrow, wood removal Friday after new chain saw bar arrives from Jeff Bezos. Both trees came from neighbors land. No one told me retirement would be so much work.

On an FJR note, will be sending seat out to rdl tomorrow, wahoo!

I made it quit snowing. All I had to do was go spend a lot of money on a 6 foot snow blower for my tractor. It hasn't snowed for a whole day and its not supposed to for two more.
smile.png
rolleyes.gif

I'm over it, winter can kiss my arse.
YOU'RE over it? In California? Just got 5 more inches of snow last night. Deepest standing snow depth we've had in the tropical southeastern corner of Minnesota. I have four feet of snow over a good portion of my roof. High of zero Fahrenheit tomorrow. We'll be lucky if this shit is melted by Labor Day. My state-mate Tripper Mike may need to rent out Sno-Cats for his April Tech Day.

Winter can kiss your arse, but you can kiss mine.

Must be global warming.

I made it quit snowing. All I had to do was go spend a lot of money on a 6 foot snow blower for my tractor. It hasn't snowed for a whole day and its not supposed to for two more. :) :rolleyes:
But I bet that thing is a beast, Ray. Ive been eye-balling some PTO blowers for my sons 1/2 mile driveway in Vermont. He has a little Kubota tractor he could stick one on the back of.
Hes going to have to do it eventually. Cost of paying some shlub to plow it is prohibitive. He is splitting it with a neighbor now , but they arent being very neighborly about it because hes a couple hundred yards further up the road, even though they have two houses (ones a rental).

Fun stuff. I think Ill be sure to try to avoid shared driveway roads on the next house.

No problem sharing driveways down here, but then again we are all family related. I finally broke down and bought a fisher plow for the truck. I drove to New Hampshire to by it also. (Donavan Spring) I am sure Fred is familiar with them. TAX FREE NH, gotta love it. I used it for the third time this year.

Dave

I'm over it, winter can kiss my arse.
YOU'RE over it? In California? Just got 5 more inches of snow last night. Deepest standing snow depth we've had in the tropical southeastern corner of Minnesota. I have four feet of snow over a good portion of my roof. High of zero Fahrenheit tomorrow. We'll be lucky if this shit is melted by Labor Day. My state-mate Tripper Mike may need to rent out Sno-Cats for his April Tech Day.

Winter can kiss your arse, but you can kiss mine.
Ha, I left west central Minnesota 40 years ago for a reason. Last I heard you will have to have the fish houses off the lakes by July 3rd for the fireworks.

If I want snow i can go 60 miles east to top of the Sierras where there is over a 40 foot base of snow.

I road to work last week, but we had 4" last night and it's going to be -4 overnight. I run a car battery in my right saddle bag so the temps aren't an issue, but the snow on the streets scratch the bike. Damn it. And the clocks change next weekend.

29.5F at the Terlingua Ranch when we ride out this morning at 0930. 54F at Laredo when we quit for the evening.