What's This All About????

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpalamaro

Reaction score
THIS SHOULD BE CLOSED OUT!!! NOT SO FUNNY!

While viewing the thread "While We're On the Subject of Speed", scrolling through the replies, a program starts runing on my desktop: "Do I Give A Damn V1.1". The Windows XP/Pro timer shows the program running, but the "Task Manager" doesn't.

ANYONE ELSE SEE? What's going on????

APPARENTLY THIS IS A SPOOF AVATAR . . . NOT FUNNY, AT LEAST TO ME!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I saw it; that was a 'spoof avatar' (for lack of a better description) that a particular member put on his 'posting settings'; probably put it in his signature space. Have only seen it in that one member's postings.

Thanks, thought I was going nuts. Ran all kinds of diagnostics, etc. FWIW, it's not that funny and IMHO should be eliminated. I will delete this post/thread and maybe send a not so nice e-mail to the guy! Regards

THIS SHOULD BE CLOSED OUT!!! NOT SO FUNNY!
While viewing the thread "While We're On the Subject of Speed", scrolling through the replies, a program starts runing on my desktop: "Do I Give A Damn V1.1". The Windows XP/Pro timer shows the program running, but the "Task Manager" doesn't.

ANYONE ELSE SEE? What's going on????

APPARENTLY THIS IS A SPOOF AVATAR . . . NOT FUNNY, AT LEAST TO ME!
See #6 of The Board Guidelines. Also, maybe peruse #5 before you flame anybody.

Personally, I thought it was funny, but I'm a computer nerd by day and knew it was a spoof....and hope you can laugh about it now too.

Also, to let you know. This thread is definitely not FJR related. Moving thread to it's new home....now.

I thought it was funny.

"Lighten up, Francis" <--- is that a personal attack? OH NO, my spankometer is warming up!

I read the rules. Looks like Warchild's handywork. :D

It's an animated gif image..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

New to the Internet? These things have been around since Compuserve developed the Graphics Information File (gif) for arpanet.... like 20+ years ago...

It's not running on your desktop, it's just an animated picture. :rolleyes:

I can read the guidelines ok:5. No personal attacks. However, when some asshat desperately needs it for violating Rules 1-4, group dog-piles are perfectly acceptable.

6. Those who are easily offended should proceed with caution. Posts in this forum may or may not contain adult language/themes. No whiney-gash crying about them allowed. Deal with it.

In a day and age of cookes, spyware, etc. you can hopefully see how the the non-computer person can indeed be concerned. As far as being thin-skinned, I am not.

Hell, I was jumping thru hoops using the search funcion, task manager, etc. to find this beast which of course I thought was torching my computer. Ah well, in the final analysis, I may have to use it on some of my friends as it's pretty damn convincing!!!

Oh, I do see how they can be concerned. Answering 20,000 calls at a help desk over 5 years you tend to see it all. And I'll submit that the difference between a non-computer person and an alleged expert....is some healthy scar tissue.

Sorry you got gotten. However, your epiphany that you pass along the pain to other poor saps....errr....I mean unsuspecting friends as a joke sounds great Paduan learner. Use the Internet force for good and frivolity ;)

I figured it out in a nano second. But then, I am old, wise, and learned in such things. My wisdom is for sale, pm me to learn the secrets of the ages, for a piece of Jesus's cross, and all that other shit.... :D

Nostraddamus

I figured it out in a nano second.  But then, I am old, wise, and learned in such things.  My wisdom is for sale, pm me to learn the secrets of the ages, for a piece of Jesus's cross, and all that other shit.... :D
Nostraddamus
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
hysterical.gif

You're on a roll as of late...

I think it is a [SIZE=21pt]GREAT[/SIZE] signature line. If I found it before its use it would have replaced Kylie!!!!! :p :D :p :D

[SIZE=8pt]thats kylie rubbing her ass!![/SIZE]

I saw the give a damn gif and immediately copied it into my image archive for later use!

It was good for a ROTFL which doesn't happen all that often.

Interesting that someone would think it was evil...

I can read the guidelines ok:5. No personal attacks. However, when some asshat desperately needs it for violating Rules 1-4, group dog-piles are perfectly acceptable. 6. Those who are easily offended should proceed with caution. Posts in this forum may or may not contain adult language/themes. No whiney-gash crying about them allowed. Deal with it.

In a day and age of cookes, spyware, etc. you can hopefully see how the the non-computer person can indeed be concerned. As far as being thin-skinned, I am not.

Hell, I was jumping thru hoops using the search funcion, task manager, etc. to find this beast which of course I thought was torching my computer. Ah well, in the final analysis, I may have to use it on some of my friends as it's pretty damn convincing!!!
Dude, calm down.

Besides, when the real binary shit hits your PC's fan, it won't be a convenient billboard-sized banner and you won't know about it anyway until its too late.

If you don't know how to safeguard your PC, get the right anti-spyware/virus software and leave it in the hands of people who do.

-BD

Way to go Skippy!!!

I, too, had this particular GIF in my sigfile for about a day until I saw it in Skippy's and decided to dump it, ASSuming Skippy used it first.

I laughed my ass off first time I saw it. One of the best laughs I've had from the Internet.....

.....until I saw this thread.

Almost stroked out from the hilarity of the premise.

Latest posts