Wheaton finally rides to California

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am probably going to head home via San Francisco on Tuesday....not 100% sure yet, depends on what Dan is doing.

R

As you probably know, AAA also has maps specific, for example, to the wine country, camping sites, county maps, some cities, freeway networks, areas such as Monterey Bay, national parks, etc. .... all for "free" with your membership. Why not pick up a few dozen for Wheatie? And an extra tank bag while you're at it. And a pair of reading glasses.
Brother Joseph, I am picking up the four maps that Rich - exskibum has mentioned in Post #492.

For You and I, I'm picking up "Best Speakeasys", Finest Whorehouses" and "Mota Mas Excelente"!

Thanks Hans i will keep that in mind.......when are u riding to LA?

I really do have to get Placerville while i am up there.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Beemerdons,

If on the way out a massive spring snowstorm hits the Rockies just as we are going to cross it on I-70, can airboss and I veer south on I-25 to I-40 west and bunk out at your pad?

I'm not scared of an inch or three, but 6-12 inches, no way.

Hey Beemerdons,

If on the way out a massive spring snowstorm hits the Rockies just as we are going to cross it on I-70, can airboss and I veer south on I-25 to I-40 west and bunk out at your pad?

I'm not scared of an inch or three, but 6-12 inches, no way.
wheatonFJR/airboss: You are welcome to stay at my Chandler home anytime you want. If you mean my vacation home at the Islander in Lake Havasu City, Arizona: The Resort Rules require that I be there with you, with my guests. 1061 N. Amber Street, Chandler, AZ 85225-8718. Show up here anytime you want, no notice is needed!

If you did mean LHC, if it's on a Sunday, Monday, Wednesday or every other Saturday night: We can work something out! Jean, Seth's Mom has him on those 3 nights each week and we alternate our custody of him every other Saturday. So, if you arrived on a "favorable" Saturday, I'd ride up from Chandler to Unit #354 at the Islander Resort and would be glad to be your host! The back bedroom has a double bunk bed, washer/dryer and internet connection available! My Cell Phone # is: 480-440-4666

"I'm not scared of an inch or three, but 6-12 inches, no way." Don't worry Mark, johnny80s isn't going on this ride. ..."an inch or three", that would be Old Michael!!!

wheatonFJR/airboss: You are welcome to stay at my Chandler home anytime you want.
Thanks Don...we would just be looking at this as an emergency reroute...just in case.

"I'm not scared of an inch or three, but 6-12 inches, no way." Don't worry Mark, johnny80s isn't going on this ride. ..."an inch or three", that would be Old Michael!!!
Don, you are a fountain of knowledge. How long did it take for you to do all your research? :eek:

Since I am old, senile and decrepit (like SacramentoMike, MadMike2 and every other Mike on our FJR Forum!) I printed the pertinent motel phone numbers on a piece of paper to stick in my wallet. This may be of use to some other geezered out and ancient reprobate:

Thursday 5/19: Paso Robles Motel 6 (805) 239-9090

Friday 5/20: Santa Clara Vagabond Suites (408) 241-0771

Saturday 5/21 Bodega Bay Inn (707) 875-2217

Sunday 5/22: Fortuna Super 8 (707) 725-2888

I can't go :( The budget won't let me.

Ride safe kids and remember to flip off the general population of omahell on your way thru!
Sorry to hear that TC.

Naw, Im not gonna flip you off................been a long time since anybody called me Kid.

Not to worry, nothing going to take a dump, cooling vest are ordered (so we won't need them), weather's gong to be great, the bikes are going to perform with no breakdowns, and no flat tires.

I payed off Maneki Neko today.

225px-Maneki-neko-ja.jpg

Read about Maneki Neko

Just covering all the bases.

FYI if any of you guys can join us Wed 25th for a ride up the Feather River Canyon let me know. OR perhaps you can only make it up for dinner we are going to the Willo (a great local casual roadhouse on 49 just north if Nevada City) to celebrate a certain breakfast boy's birthday. Party, Party! :yahoo:

PS don't tell the kid, he doesn't know about the birthday party :lol:

wheatonFJR, the following AAA maps went out to you in first class mail two hours ago: Northern California, Central California and Death Valley Guide.

AAA-Arizona does not keep Coast & Valley and Southern Nevada maps in their stock. Perhaps the Cali/Nevada guys can score those maps for you.

wheatonFJR, the following AAA maps went out to you in first class mail two hours ago: Northern California, Central California and Death Valley Guide.

AAA-Arizona does not keep Coast & Valley and Southern Nevada maps in their stock. Perhaps the Cali/Nevada guys can score those maps for you.
THANKS Don for doing that! You are too nice. :clapping: