When am I leaving........?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leartech

Reaction score
So, I showed up a little early for our little R Cans Ass get together! 9.5 hours on two wheels, nothing but back roads all the way. It was a race between me and a thunderstorm to see who was going to hit Eureka Springs first. Thunderstorm won this time. Is it a rule that I am supposed to end every long ride getting rained on?

Oh well, come on in people, the water is fine. Anybody riding Talimena, the road was in excellent shape, very clean and I only saw one other bike the whole time. With the exception of a Mustang playing around, I just about had the whole 40 miles to myself. Good chance of rain for Wednesday, so some debris might get washed onto the surface. Same for 23 all the way from just North of Mena to Eureka Springs. Absolutely excellent road conditions when I went through so lets hope the thunderstorms don't geek it up the next two days. Right now, current local talk is that the weekend is looking good weather wise.

Ride safe and bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talimenaentrancesmall.jpg

Bryan

Excellent pic Bryan!! I knew you'd make it all the way there!

If everyone will please notice that very cool and very sporty SFO decal on the fairing of Bryan's bike! Bryan has been kind enough to cut out a vinyl decal for everyone coming to SFO and they will be in your registration bags when you arrive. We have that version for the light colored bikes and a lighter version for the dark colored bikes. Easy on, easy off, perfect for the rally weekend. A big thank you to Bryan for the hookup on these for everyone! I hope you guys will like them as much as we do!

Glad you made it safely Bryan!

I'll try to guard the neighborhood.

Man I wish I was riding.......................

Bryan,

Thanks for the update. Great pic! The AE is lookin' schaaaweeeeet in the pic!!! Thanks for doing the decal thing.

Look forward to seeing you up there. I will have my father-in-law with me.

Please have my room stocked with some cold bravos prior to arrival ;)

Rex

Ooooooh a curvy road in the distance...................hmmmmmm

curvyroad.jpg

Don, I thought you were signed up for this again? Is that not the case?

Bryan

Bryan,
Thanks for the update. Great pic! The AE is lookin' schaaaweeeeet in the pic!!! Thanks for doing the decal thing.

Look forward to seeing you up there. I will have my father-in-law with me.

Please have my room stocked with some cold bravos prior to arrival ;)

Rex

Rex, wet town, seems to be a bar around several of the turns here in town. I haven't done anything in town except to make a short loop, but shouldn't be a problem finding things to uh...........shall we say, participate in.

I brought all of my stinking photo gear, so I am trying to get a few decent shots. It seemed that there was a ton of haze today all over, so my panoramic stuff probably will be far less than superior. LOL

The decals look good, at least in my humble opinion. That photo doesn't do it justice, so ya'll will simply have to take our word, they look pretty cool.

Bryan

I cropped one of my other images from today, so it isn't the greatest and this wasn't the part of the photo that was in focus, but...............

it does show the decal a little better so everybody can see what they look like.

Enjoy,

Bryan

SFOdecalcropping.jpg

..........Don, I thought you were signed up for this again? Is that not the case?

Bryan
No longer. :(

Have been having "dizziness" issues since end of last year.
gloomy.gif

I donated my "swag" from Cafepress to Michelle's giveaway loot and cancelled my reservation.

Neurosurgeon wants to operate on my neck. (I think he wants a new condo)

Physical therapy is helping some but still concerned about balance.

Haven't ridden this year..........

Enjoy the hills and be safe!!
happyrider.gif

..........Don, I thought you were signed up for this again? Is that not the case?

Bryan
No longer. :(

Have been having "dizziness" issues since end of last year.
gloomy.gif

I donated my "swag" from Cafepress to Michelle's giveaway loot and cancelled my reservation.

Neurosurgeon wants to operate on my neck. (I think he wants a new condo)

Physical therapy is helping some but still concerned about balance.

Haven't ridden this year..........

Enjoy the hills and be safe!!
happyrider.gif

I am very sorry to learn you aren't making it Don. I certainly hope they can get things sorted out for you.

Bryan

That's correct. We don't need no stinkin Ice Chest in AR-KANSAS.

Glad to see you made it safe and sound. Keep us updated and try to leave us a few beers upon arrival.

Thanks for the Decal. We talked about this last year.....you are kind to follow through.

See you soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
that beer should be good and cold by the time I get there Thursday afternoon.

Just threw in another six pack and a second bag of ice. Come and get it.......................

Heck, there are at least three liquor stores here in town, at least that is how many I managed to count riding through. I think we won't run out. I ain't that much of a drunk...............

Bryan

I would have to say it was a decent day. Ran up to Branson and back down around Table Rock Lake. I have seen a number of motorcycles out and about, but no FJR's yet.

FJRflagssmall.jpg

Bryan

Now, don't get me wrong, I have always liked the state of Arkansas, but the public transport is due for an update............

ESpublictransport.jpg