When did you get your 06?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What week did you get your 06?

• March 1-4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • March 5-11

• March 12-18

• March 19-25

• March 26-31

• April 1-8

• April 9-15

• April 16-22

• April 23-30

• Total voters
We should get our '06 Yamaha's at about the same time the rest of the biking world is throwing their leg over their '07's.....Does any of this make any sense to anyone??
It makes absolute sense if you don't be a dumb American and think and '07 is somehow better than an '06.

If anything one should question how an '07 can possibly exist until 12:00:01, January 1, 2007? They can't be made yet. Or, if they are--they making them in the future and sending them back in time through a wormhole. Do you want a bike that has gone through a wormhole or the manufacturer is lying about dates?

The '06 Yamaha is an honest '06. The rest of the North American manufacturing hype machine is trying to con you if you think the '07 of other brands are different. Don't be a sucker!

....that was the long answer.

The shorter answer is that the FJR is a world-class machine and synching the years up helps us relate better to our brethren across the pond in Europe and other countries the FJR rules. An '06 will be an '06 worldwide. As opposed to a North American '04 FJR is also a European '03.

Trust me. I attempted to account for this temporal anomaly in the forum with motorcycle brands and it's easier this way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poppycock, Iggy! My US '05 is waaaay better than the Euro '04! :p Besides, Yamaha has to add a year to the current model for us... It takes that long for 'em to get here! :rolleyes:

+1 on the July August dates.

Mine didn't come in until July 3rd last year. I know many were sooner but they were trickling in towards the end of the year still..

I just read a report which stated they have mined the metal to be used, and they were indeed ahead of schedule, with the first load expected March 4th. That is what you were polling for, right? Right? Hellooooooo...... :D

Piccie from FJROwners dot com. Possibly first Eurodelivery, Walrus' '06. Sure is purty.

Thank God I forget how painful waiting is.

FJR06Netherland.jpg

Well like I asked on the other forum,.. how the hell does a tiny country like the Netherlands, which is miles and miles from Japan... how do they get the first 06?Spain. Portugal, UK seem logical if they came through Panama or maybe even Greece or Italy if they came through the Suez.. but the Netherlands ??? Maybe they powered over Russia through the Siberian Sea.. yeah yeah that's it ! Not ! :)

:huh: There are two votes logged in March already. It's still February. Psychics?

Maybe they are optimists, believing what their dealer told them. I will believe it when I see a picture like the one from the Netherlands. I guess that makes me a realist. :blink:

:huh: There are two votes logged in March already. It's still February. Psychics?
Yeah.

While the idea of this thread was a good idea. It was waaaaay premature. Especially the AE thread. I mean, this thread should not have any posts until a freaking 06 FJR shows up.

Perhaps we should close it, and restart a new one when the FJRs actually start arriving.

Comments?

Well like I asked on the other forum,.. how the hell does a tiny country like the Netherlands, which is miles and miles from Japan... how do they get the first 06?Spain. Portugal, UK seem logical if they came through Panama or maybe even Greece or Italy if they came through the Suez.. but the Netherlands ??? Maybe they powered over Russia through the Siberian Sea.. yeah yeah that's it !  Not ! :)
Maybe because every FJR destined for Europe will go through the port of Rotterdam, which happens to be the second largest port in the world? Or maybe because despite being a little bitty country, it's still an important market for Yamaha? (we got 20 of the 500 R1-SP's too. All sold @ €22,000) Or maybe wether you like it or not, the EU is getting first deliveries and you just have to wait untill all dealers on this side of the pond have theirs. Germany got FJR's too.

I know, it sucks to wait. I couldn't wait 6 to 8 months for a bike you can only get on preorder and a $500 downpayment. Without even having laid eyes on one for crying out loud. Thank God they don't try to pull that kind of BS here. They probably wouldn't sell a single bike if they did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well like I asked on the other forum,.. how the hell does a tiny country like the Netherlands, which is miles and miles from Japan... how do they get the first 06?Spain. Portugal, UK seem logical if they came through Panama or maybe even Greece or Italy if they came through the Suez.. but the Netherlands ??? Maybe they powered over Russia through the Siberian Sea.. yeah yeah that's it !  Not ! :)
Cou (BLOWJOB!) gh. ;)

Well like I asked on the other forum,.. how the hell does a tiny country like the Netherlands, which is miles and miles from Japan... how do they get the first 06?Spain. Portugal, UK seem logical if they came through Panama or maybe even Greece or Italy if they came through the Suez.. but the Netherlands ??? Maybe they powered over Russia through the Siberian Sea.. yeah yeah that's it !   Not ! :)
Maybe because every FJR destined for Europe will go through the port of Rotterdam, which happens to be the second largest port in the world? Or maybe because despite being a little bitty country, it's still an important market for Yamaha? (we got 20 of the 500 R1-SP's too. All sold @ €22,000) Or maybe wether you like it or not, the EU is getting first deliveries and you just have to wait untill all dealers on this side of the pond have theirs. Germany got FJR's too.

I know, it sucks to wait. I couldn't wait 6 to 8 months for a bike you can only get on preorder and a $500 downpayment. Without even having laid eyes on one for crying out loud. Thank God they don't try to pull that kind of BS here. They probably wouldn't sell a single bike if they did.
Yup, I just looked in here. I used to work for a company that did containers bound for Europe. Rotterdam is one of the major ports on the European mainland. Bremen being the other? Besides, it's good to see the waiters being disturbed! :D Hmmmm, but why Highlander? Off your meds, Mr. Smooth? :dribble: You should know that Europe buys more FJRs than "the colonies". :rolleyes:

:D

Yeah.

While the idea of this thread was a good idea. It was waaaaay premature. Especially the AE thread. I mean, this thread should not have any posts until a freaking 06 FJR shows up.

Perhaps we should close it, and restart a new one when the FJRs actually start arriving.

Comments?
Sure.

This poll has value if votes are placed when and only when a bike is received - something that can't be enforced. Too bad, it was a good idea Calabash. But maybe something the collective isn't ready for.

Bobby

It ain't Psychics. It's frikking english !!! Question is "when DID you get your FJR?" Not when you think you WILL get your FJR. Which means you MUST get it first, THEN let us know !!!!

I haven't been monitoring this thread that much, but checked in and started laughing that people have trouble reading which so many have pointed out.

Calabash, as thread starter, if you want I will lock the thread, depin it, and we can try again when the bikes start rolling in. It's not like somebody isn't going to type a new thread in bold letters. Just please PM to confirm.

....and if you are curious about how 3 people could slip I won't divulge the guilty's names, but a little background demographics might be interesting since it's an interesting exercise as an admin and SQL database query.

1) One person already confessed earlier that confessed here already....that has about triple the posts I do....Anyone? Bueller? ;)

2) Somebody joked that maybe people can't read English. Well, one voter is a from a foreign country that English isn't the primary language. Let's give 'em the benefit of the doubt.

3) Not much defense here. A person who is registered in the past couple weeks, but not posted anything yet. Newb.

So, you have some fodder to read until your bikes come in. Meanwhile, I got to ride mine again today.....neener neener neener

:bleh: