When does registration open for the 2017 Iron Butt Rally?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-B

Reaction score
Was hoping to register for the 2017 Iron butt Rally but haven't seen anything out yet. Has anybody seen anything?

Was hoping to register for the 2017 Iron butt Rally but haven't seen anything out yet.
The definitive location is at the IronButt.org website here when it is announced. It won't be on this forum or anybody here. You'll note the announcement for 2015 was not until later than January than now.

Last edited by a moderator:
The IBA has a new forum and have announced details for the 2017 Iron Butt Rally here. Signup is from February 1 to February 15, 2016.

….And I finally resisted the temptation !
smile.png

….And I finally resisted the temptation !
smile.png
About time you followed through with your idle threats....
smile.png
One of the better moments in the '15 was riding with you from Teton to Yellowstone and bagging Old Faithful.

You apply for the '17 ? I am headed to Deadhorse to finish off the '05.

>> One of the better moments in the '15 was riding with you from Teton to Yellowstone and bagging Old Faithful.

Yep, we could not have timed that any better.

>> You apply for the '17 ?

Yep.
rolleyes.gif

Well, if Jeff Earls has his hands in this rally, and I get the luck of the draw (or is that unlucky?), then I can take comfort in knowing what to expect......something totally unexpected! lol

Edit: of course that's not to say I'd know what to expect if anyone else were the rally master.