White/Green Mountain ride 2009

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a letter from Fireside Inn telling me that NH has increased it's Rooms & Meals Tax from 8% to 9% so this will change the amout we owe for rooms. Just wanted everyone who is coming to know this. Don't shot me I'm only the messanger. :blink:

And I have not been able to run the route I was thinking of this week due to the rainy weather here in VT. I will get to it sometime. :angry:

Tom

Looks like I'm slightly screwed for the VT/NH trip in August.

My anniversary is that weekend - that I knew and well, not a huge deal, but Lori has gotten the riding bug this year and just got some new gear this week - so we've been thinking about a FJR touring wekend to celebrate our 23rd year. . . . . . . But just got a note about a family reunion of sorts - it's a first ever for this generation at least - and it's in New Hampshire if they pull it off.

Not sure which way this is going to pan out - but it looks like this trip is getting pushed towards the bottom of the possibilities list. Crap.

I was hoping to tie my Maine trip in with this trip too. Looks like I'll make that one solo again in October. We'll see.

OK, I've been pretty busy with work for the last few weeks (months) and I haven't had much chance to keep up with what's going on in FJRLand, but things are settling down a bit for me now so I've got more time to spend on the important things (like this ride).

So... I'm still in.

I'm planning to ride down to the Hotel on Saturday morning, stay at the Hotel Saturday night and probably drop off somewhere in VT on Sunday to head back home.

It doesn't really matter to me where the Sunday VT ride goes. I haven't ridden too much in southern VT so it will probably all be new to me.

Ed.

I'm glad you are in Ed. If this weather ever breaks and we can get a couple of good riding days in a row I want to run my route and figure out stops and place to eat. Plus my back has been giving me problems and that has cut in to my riding as well.

Tom

OK gang the deal for the motel is done. We will be using A Fireside Inn & Suites in West Lebanon, NH (the same place we used last year). The price is the same as last year as well (<The group rate would be $99.95 plus tax. The rate is based on single/double occupancy and includes the full hot and cold breakfast buffet> snipped out of an e-mail from the Inn ). The cut off date to make your reservations will be July 14th!! Hope to see you there.
Fireside Inn contact info:

1-603-298-5900

Fireside Inn

A timely reminder to anyone planning on attending the [SIZE=12pt]Whites and Greens 2009[/SIZE] ride that, per Tom's prior post above, you need to get your reservations by tomorrow, July the 14th, to get the negotiated rate.

Yes, I've procrastinated to near the deadline, myself, and will be calling this morning for Friday and Saturday nights.

[edit] I just called my reservation in. The name of the group is "White/Green Mountain Ride".

Can't wait!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Another procrastinator :glare:

I will be doing the same today. We will meet you all at the lunch spot on Saturday unless I get the energy to leave at a ridiculous time Saturday morning.

See you there

Dave & Ann

I will be doing the same today. We will meet you all at the lunch spot on Saturday unless I get the energy to leave at a ridiculous time Saturday morning.

See you there

Dave & Ann
Better get up early or else ride up on Friday night like me, Dave. The Saturday lunch spot will be at the northern most point of the ride, at Fabyan's restaurant up in Bretton Woods.

WOW Fred. I didn't remember that the motel reservations are cutting off the 14th. Hope everyone has there's made. My route is almost locked in but what with the lack of riding weather, taking care of my Mom's lawn now that my Dad passed away and myself with a bad back I have not finished the route off (lunch stop and stuff like that). But don't worry I'll have it nailed down by the end of July as I have a vacation coming up at the end then. Now go make that phone call and join us on the ride! :yahoo:

Tom

See you there

Dave & Ann
Better get up early or else ride up on Friday night like me, Dave. The Saturday lunch spot will be at the northern most point of the ride, at Fabyan's restaurant up in Bretton Woods.
Done deal, (Booked)

You talked me into Fred. We will be staying Friday and Saturday night so far.

See ya there.

I finally talked my S.O. (Felicia) into going this year, :yahoo: and I was going to get some more riding gear for her until last week. That is when my dog (Lady) got very sick, and I don't even want to say what it cost to get her well enough to bring home today. So between the unexpected cost, and the needs of my beloved dog in the near future, I must bow out on this ride.

This really blows in every way. I really wanted to do this ride. There will be more rides to go on, but there won't be another Lady. So spending quality time with her now is more important, because I don't know how much longer she will be with me.

Ride Safe;

Art

Hey Art,

Sorry to hear about your pet Lady. Yes those pets can get costly at some times but they pay ya back regardless with all there attention. Mine still goes crazy when i come home wagging that tail and running in circles. Gotta luvem.

Hope to see you at EOM.

Dave,

I saw this thread when I was just looking at the FJR and then when I bought it last month forgot about it... too busy riding .. I just called the Fireside and booked a room. This trip sounds like too much fun to pass up. Looking forward to riding some fun roads with some good people.

Man I wish had the time to join this ride! I know the area well hailing from MA and having lived in northern NH and VT. Some real nice riding and scenery up there. Maybe next year.

TAZ1300,

Welcome aboard, We won't get there till late Friday night. I hope you mentioned the White and Green Mountain Ride to see if you could still get the group rate. It's past the date but sometimes you can dicker a bit in this economy.

See ya there.

Oh Yeh: rablanch, Sometimes you just have to make the time. Life is short.

Dave & Ann

TAZ1300,
Welcome aboard, We won't get there till late Friday night. I hope you mentioned the White and Green Mountain Ride to see if you could still get the group rate. It's past the date but sometimes you can dicker a bit in this economy.

See ya there.

Oh Yeh: rablanch, Sometimes you just have to make the time. Life is short.

Dave & Ann

I mentioned the white and green mountain ride and they gave me the rate no problem, I will be getting there late Friday also, see everyone there.

I mentioned the white and green mountain ride and they gave me the rate no problem, I will be getting there late Friday also, see everyone there.
Cool! Glad to have you along. And good to know that the chronic procrastinators may be able to get the same rate. I'm sure it has to do with the stupendous state of our economy, but good that we can cash in...

Will you be solo or two up? Either way is completely cool, just wondering... And where are you coming from in NY?

It seems like we have had a few of the folks from the original interested group drop out. To be expected. Life happens. But hopefully we'll also have a few more jump in to join in the fun. I need to finalize the routes and get them posted up soon as a teaser. That and I need to speak to someone about arranging for some good New England weather for that weekend. :drinks:

Please everyone pack a lot of rain gear (so we won't need it)!! ;)

Will you be solo or two up? Either way is completely cool, just wondering... And where are you coming from in NY?

I am riding solo, coming from Long Island, GPS says about 5 hours but add an hour just trying to get off the Island. Living here makes me appreciate the roads/mountains you guys get to ride everyday even more.

So... Reading through this thread, it looks like the list of participants is:

snikr

Fred W

TheAxeman

08FJR4ME

FJRed

TAZ1300

With a few other "possibly/maybe/could be/I'll pencil it in" participants.

VanHarlan

Vermonta

BulletBrad

FJReady

zip

Tom/Fred, do you need any northern VT support or route planning assistance?

Ed.

Latest posts