Who teachs FJR riding?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

87Doodle

Reaction score
I did some searchs

"advanced riding"

+learn+to+ride

and a couple others....and I didn't find a solution, although I got a ton of good stuff to read.

I've been riding cruisers for along time, but I had a motorcycle before I had a car, so I've got a lot of riding experience, and I am competant in counter steering, emergency stopping, the MSF stuff.

I've got about 800 miles on my FJR, and I've been getting to know her , and riding properly " Yoda Riding".

As a result I've been gaining confidence to start living between 5,000- 8,000 in third gear on the local twisties , but I feel the bike has FAR more potential then I'm able to exploit with my current skill level.

Here's my question: Other than videos and how -to-books, which are good to a point,

is there a school or a individual that can really teach me to RIDE the FJR, or a track I can go to to ride in New England?

I'm sure I will learn on my own to a point by trial and error, however I would prefer more trial and less error, and a teacher could help a great deal.

Thanks.

I figured out what FJR stood for as I was coming out of a curve and ran it to redline today

"Fun, Just Ride"

I learned an important piece of information in a strategic riders course I took. They told me to never go past 80% of my riding ability. The more time you put in to riding the FJR the more your 80% will increase.

I learned an important piece of information in a strategic riders course I took. They told me to never go past 80% of my riding ability. The more time you put in to riding the FJR the more your 80% will increase.
It sounds real good but how do you know when you're at 80%? Is my 05 missing a meter or something? :blink:

Just yankin yer chain buddy :lol:

Interested in the course also. Anyone know when they will have it the San Francisco Bay Area or Northern California?

Roger

OLD GUYS RULE

Isn't there a self-professed riding God lying around somewhere? JWAD probably has some useful info for you :rolleyes:

Ride your own ride. Read David Hough's 'Proficient Motorcycling' books, and just do what he says.

.....and have fun, and stay safe.

Jill

Sounds great. I'm a schoolteacher and the course falls on a very busy time of yesar for me , so I'm lucky to ride 90 min to Troy, NY , spend the day there, and back.