Whoa! Oh Sh..! @&*$%*!%!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a video where a newbie on a SV 650 leaves the driveway crosses the street jumps the curb right into a tree.

I know how hard can it be? ;)

Once I get my harley running, it's all I'm going to ride if and when I ever meet up with you clowns. Then I'll show y'all how to really mess up a hedge. :p

Did better than the guy I knew who got a brand new Kawa 900, got a few hundred yards down the road and ended up in a tree at an extreme rate of knots.

The ability of the individual to buy powerful machines that they have had no experience with always leads to problems. Training and education is the ticket to alleviating a lot of these problems, then experience takes over.

The initial period of first time ownership is always dodgy!

Wonder how far the HD dude got the second time he mounted up?

I was told a story by a neighbor that was at a Harley dealership when a guy took delivery. He was tooling around a parking lot slowly and didn't seem to know how to turn and put his front end right into the rear quarter panel of a pick up. He said it was the strangest thing to see someone slowy drive a bike right into the side of a pick up without doing a thing to stop, turn, or evade. Turns out the guy had never rode before he picked up his new bike.
Now that would be comical to see :clap: I wonder what the insurance company said....

My brother rode a friends bike. He came back and told him the front brakes not working. So he pops the clutch and heads towards a wall. Stopped nudging the wall & was white as a sheet. :rolleyes:

Oh well, it aint' really the bike, it's the idiots that buy them with no clue....

And just for you Harley bashers....<BG>...

I must say my littel Harley did just fine going from San Diego to Cleveland...

Ok, so it took me 5 days,

BUT

... I hate tickets so I stayed around the speed limit... (ok, mostly, sorta, kinda, but EXPECIALLY in Texas! )

... I stopped to see some friends... the problem with seeing folks only once in a while means peeps stay up all night yakking....took 3 pots of coffee to get going in the morning...

... I now know why no one lives out in west Texas... it's a bit windy there...<G>

OH and the heated jacket liner I got form WarmnSafe worked wonderfully....

It started somewhere in the 50's amd went down into the low 40's going from Cincy to Cleveland...It was COLD! Got that liner cause I saw it mentioned here!

Mike Coan and his wife ( I forgot her name) were really great...and yes, I got controllers and cables for both bikes... quality workmanship, too...

I will be first in line to get her new heated pants liners, tho....my legs were cold!

I was wishing the Deuce had a nice fairing and lots of plastic like the Feejer instead of just a windshield, tho...<G>

Mary

I like mary. She's not a harley basher.....she rides. Feejer or not. "There's something about Mary".........

I like mary. She's not a harley basher.....she rides. Feejer or not. "There's something about Mary".........
Hey I have a Feejer... I just havent' ridden it yet...Still have to go pick up the plates/registration about 40 miles from here...(the stupid peeps wont' mail 'em)..

Excuse... I was out of town last week! <BG>

but it was a very pretty ride... some of the smells thru cattle country wern't so great tho... :bad:

Mary

I like mary.  She's not a harley basher.....she rides.  Feejer or not.  "There's something about Mary".........
Hey I have a Feejer... I just havent' ridden it yet...Still have to go pick up the plates/registration about 40 miles from here...(the stupid peeps wont' mail 'em)..

Excuse... I was out of town last week! <BG>

but it was a very pretty ride... some of the smells thru cattle country wern't so great tho... :bad:

Mary
Your lucky it wasn't PIG country. :dribble: