Who'd a thunk it...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockiesRider

Livin la buena vida!!!
Reaction score
For alot of people owning an FJR leads to joining this forum.

Some of you will remember this thread

So, for me owning an FJR meant joining this forum which lead to reading the afor mentioned thread and getting a job in an area I could only dream about living in before.

Here is a summary of events.

1. Pinhead posts.

2. I read the post.

3. I fill out app and send resume.

4. Pinhead calls and we have a great conversation about area and job. (what a nice guy btw)

5. I'm fortunate enough to be added to the "short list" of candidates.

6. Arrive in Gunnison, CO on the Saturday before the interview on Monday. (mini vacation)

7. Throw down a few Fat Tire beers with Pinhead...thanks for the beers Dave!!! :drinks:

8. Go to Mt. Crested Butte for an interview with the greatest group of folks you'll ever hope to meet.

9. Return home and sit on pins and needles waiting for a call.

10. Got a call...O M Freakin G I got the job. (I'm going to be living and working in paradise)

So I'm having lunch with some fellow FJR owners yesterday and one of them says "If you still rode a V-Strom you wouldn't be leaving"

My jaw dropped and I thought, what a profound statement.

It's totally true. If I had never bought my '07 AE I wouldn't be moving to one of the most beautiful areas on Earth. :yahoo:

Now I know it ain't going to all be a rose garden and life will still have it's up and downs. :glare:

However, right now, life cain't be better!!! :clapping:

Moral of the story (I guess) is...you just never know what decisions you make now will change your life later.

It's true, really true...you meet the nicest people on an FJR!!!

BTW - Thanks again Pinhead (Dave) and everyone else involved. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the job and the bike, and your fairly uncommon acknowledgment that our choices determine pretty much everything in life (don't you wish everyone got that???).

Best of luck to you.

Congrats on the Happy ending.. or is it New beginning? I hope you like sheep! :lol:

It is rather amazing what can happen when you least expect it. I've met some pretty decent folks here, had 'em visit Bustville. an' with the exception of a certain Texas based Jackass, non have tried anything funny :D

Good Luck dude.

:jester:

Glad you got the job, welcome to a little slice of heaven - I'm just down the road from you in Gunnison.

So I'm having lunch with some fellow FJR owners yesterday and one of them says "If you still rode a V-Strom you wouldn't be leaving"

It's totally true. If I had never bought my '07 AE I wouldn't be moving to one of the most beautiful areas on Earth. :yahoo:
Robert, see here. V-Strom riders were given equal opportunity. ;) You got it because you deserved it. :good: :eek:k:

(Note: Robb is the V-Strom rider known as catchme in that sandbox)

Personally, I'm happy it worked out the way it did. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Huge Conga Rats, Okie!!!

As someone who spent a lot of time living and working in such paradises (Steamboat Springs, CO and Tahoe City, CA), I can certainly understand your excitement. Makes me grin my ass off just thinking about the upgrade in lifestyle that sort of thing means to me.

Much good mojo to you and Pinhead.

The power of this community is amazing! We have so many good people from every possible career.

Congrats on the move to God's country! :clapping:

I wish i could find the right connections to make decent money and live in the west again... :(

Congrats! Good for you. It's nice to hear things are lookin' up for someone these days.

:thumbsup:

Robert, see here. V-Strom riders were given equal opportunity. ;) You got it because you deserved it. :good: :eek:k:

(Note: Robb is the V-Strom rider known as catchme in that sandbox)

Personally, I'm happy it worked out the way it did. :yahoo:
From the ad in question: "Motorcycling coworkers tend to be more fun to work with than the regular tech dweebs , so I thought I’d give you all the heads-up."

Ain't it the truth.

Big Congrats :yahoo:

ahhh, be sure to wear ya helmet on the bunny slopes...just sayin'.

Happy Ending, New Start story sure warms my heart. :clapping:

Please let me know when you are settled so I can head for the Rockies.

Shoot, guess EOM is outta da question. Guess I'll have to "break in" another front runner with CB to my tail gunner !!! :rolleyes:

Do you still get some vacation time off in the near future ??? :blink:

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

Dang! okierider I was looking forward to some more rides with you since your "were just up the road" from me. Now I guess I will have to come to CO if we are going to ride together again. Congrats on the new job and the location would be hard to beat. CO was always my favorite riding state.

Let us all know when you get settled in so we can come visit LOL!

Congrats. Good things happen for a reason, glad you were in a postion to recognize it and act on it. Best wishes!

Congratulations!

In a world filled with bad news, it's great to read a story like that. You've put a smile on my face, on your behalf. Hope all goes well for you with the new job.