Who's got the oldest FJR with the least miles?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPORT

Reaction score
'05 with 3,500 miles. I've only owned it one month and have put about 1,000 miles on it.

What can I say, it's been a busy summer. :glare:

Is this limited to North America?

The Euros and Aussies should win hands down otherwise.

They got a couple years jump on us.

Model year '01 or '02 would be the winner.

RULES. We need rules for this.

The winner has to be the bike with the lowest AVERAGE ANNUAL NUMBER OF MILES (convert to miles from KM for Canadian and other foreign models), based on the original service date. In other words, if you bought a leftover 2004 model in 2007 and now have 1000 miles on it, it just doesn't count as 333 miles/year.

In the event of a tie, the older of the machines will be declared the winner.

One caveat - the machine must be titled - showroom queens need not apply. Current model year machines must have their mileage pro-rated. So if you have your bike for a week and you have 50 miles, that would translate out to (50*52=) 2600 annualised miles and you lose.

I have to disqualify myself - my '06 FJR has about 20,000 km - maybe the KZ? 32000 km over 26 years? I thnk not.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, my black 2001 Aussie was manufactured in 09/2001 and registered in 04/2002. It's done 31,500 kms which equals 19,688 miles.

I'm the only owner, so divide the above by 5.25 yrs of ownership equalling 3750 miles/year.

My excuse is that I've kept the FJR for longer journeys / trips / the Gt Ocean Road as I've used a 1983 Kawasaki GT750 for the "grunt" work.

I'm sure someone will have less miles per year than this.......?

RULES. We need rules for this.
The winner has to be the bike with the lowest AVERAGE ANNUAL NUMBER OF MILES (convert to miles from KM for Canadian and other foreign models), based on the original service date. In other words, if you bought a leftover 2004 model in 2007 and now have 1000 miles on it, it just doesn't count as 333 miles/year.

In the event of a tie, the older of the machines will be declared the winner.

One caveat - the machine must be titled - showroom queens need not apply. Current model year machines must have their mileage pro-rated. So if you have your bike for a week and you have 50 miles, that would translate out to (50*52=) 2600 annualised miles and you lose.

I have to disqualify myself - my '06 FJR has about 20,000 km - maybe the KZ? 32000 km over 26 years? I thnk not.
If you're going to start thinly slicing rules, how about factoring in length of riding season? In Montana, 4-5 really good months with 2 or 3 more marginal months. Plug that into your formula or write the code for the computers. Just kidding.

A year is a year. It's a common factor to work with. "Riding Season" is too vague because some people might claim that their season ends when the temps break 100°F (or for any number of reasons).

I was about to step to the plate with mine, but the 2001 with under 20k miles has me beat.

VisitedStatesMap.jpg

I'm one bike too late for this one, I just bought my 06 FJR. But I think we'd of had a winner with my previous bike: 1992 Suzuki Intruder 1400, I bought it new and sold it 2 months ago with just over 14k miles on it. A little under 1000 miles per year. I'll check back in another 15 years with an update on the FJR

You mean to tell me that people have less mileage than BrunDog? Question: Why have the damn thing? I gotta think the COO/use ratio is way outta whack.

Oh, wait... Carver's CBA is growing in membership, isn't it? Never mind.

go figure, a Montreal'er making up a bunch of stupid rules. We don't need no stinkin rules. Just put the puck on the ice and skate!

I got my 07/08/05 and only have 41,000 miles on her. I win. Or lose. Either way I feel I don't ride enough.

I guess I'm out with my 2 month old 2007 that I've put 4500 miles on...yep, an average of 27,000 miles per year ain't too bad. :drinks:

Picked up my 06 5 May 2006, 27000 miles to date. Jeeez, I split my riding time beween two bikes and I still lose.