Wild Bill Highway Pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You using some weird kind of oil filter? Or are you just a dork?

:p
Yes :) I am a dork and you do have to move the mount each time you change the filter
Is this due to a space limitation between the back of the bracket and the end of the oil filter?

I have brand X highway pegs and can slip a finger between the two. It's enough to get the filter off.

Yes :) I am a dork and you do have to move the mount each time you change the filter
Well, you got one thing right. I never had to take my mounting bracket off to do filter changes. There is just enough clearance behind the plate to remove the filter.

Now...I use the Yamaha OEM filters, so if you are using a longer filter, that may cause issues...

I removed my pegs a couple years ago.

Sorry, but this isn't rocket science. Unless, 1) You have some weird oil filter that is too big, or 2) You let some numbskull ride your FJR, he dropped it, and in the process bent the mounting bracket towards the filter :angry: (Don't ask me how I know this) Well...... the oil filter will spin off with no drama whatsoever.

Sorry, but this isn't rocket science. Unless, 1) You have some weird oil filter that is too big, or 2) You let some numbskull ride your FJR, he dropped it, and in the process bent the mounting bracket towards the filter :angry: (Don't ask me how I know this) Well...... the oil filter will spin off with no drama whatsoever.
What kind of dumbass would do that??

Hombre, mi Hijo, you get a pass because today's your Birthday!

Son of a Bitch man, you just asked if SacramentoMike's a Dork?

What kind of dumbass would do that??
Raging douchebag, that would be who!

Last edited by a moderator:
Love this forum. I have been taking the plate off all the time also. What does the tool you use look like? Any brand name?

Thanks, Jack
my right hand since I'm right handed

Yammy filters is smooth and slippery and more difficult

the Purolator Pure is rated the best and bonus is it has a non slip rough painted surface...it's the baby poo yellow color these days

you install with fresh oil on the filter's gasket/seal and threads, turn by hand only...till the gasket touches and then 1/2 turn

it will come off easily by hand after 5k miles...I also "pre fill" my filter since it's horizontal...pour some fresh oil in till it absorbs and leaves the filter half full...then install

I also reuse crush washers

only run Shell Rotella Synthetic in the dark blue gallon at Wally World for $20

works for me

Speaking of filters...Has anyone seen that Fram is selling Motorcycle specific filters now? I saw them at WalMart the other day. I didn't stop to look, but I bet they'll have one that fits the FJR.

MAN, has this thread skewed off subject..... I'm still looking for a good email address just to get a set. I'll worry about the filter AFTER I get a set...

Just to throw my worthless opinion out there...I would never buy shit from some place I can't even figure out how to get a hold of. There's better out there...

Just to throw my worthless opinion out there...I would never buy shit from some place I can't even figure out how to get a hold of. There's better out there...
That is worthless.

I have been doing business with these folks for 7 or 8 years now. Good peeps. And if it wasn't for a certain 'worthless opinion dipshit' throwing my FJR to the ground and bending a highway peg mount, I wouldn't have needed a current email address for them recently. :angry2:

That is worthless.

I have been doing business with these folks for 7 or 8 years now. Good peeps. And if it wasn't for a certain 'worthless opinion dipshit' throwing my FJR to the ground and bending a highway peg mount, I wouldn't have needed a current email address for them recently. :angry2:

Hola SkooterG, La Pregunta, por favor: Who was the pinche cabron El Pedo Grande who threw your FJR to the pavement, ese? He'd have to be a real vato loco Chollo!

I have been doing business with these folks for 7 or 8 years now. Good peeps.
I agree. Great product Wild Bill makes....and I like that he keeps his overhead to a minimum even if one has to hunt his e-mail address. Current one added to New Owners FAQ. ;)

yep, I got them ordered and got them a few days later.... Very fast response and service after I found a working email address... I'm very satisfied....

I purchased a set while travelling in Europe and had them shipped to my home in Canada! They were in my mail when I got back home. As to oil filter removal, I had been given a set of HD highway pegs and had to open the mounting hole to 1/2 inch and the threaded end needed to be shortened a little in order to allow for filter removal without taking brackets off bike! I really like the product and the service was prompt. Wild Bill may need to improve their method of being contacted? Maybe? I had no difficulty though!

Hey, I thought we are all supposed to play nice?
That rule doesn't always apply to admins...

;)

But in this case, SkooterG's question seems reasonable. I mean seriously; have you seen SacramentoMike's avatar?
Hola Speedygg and Jose: Have you met, ridden with, roomed with, had dinner and drinks with SacramentoMike? I mean, he's a wonderful great fantastic guy sort of a Dork; but still, he's a Dork!

Sorry to inform the group that I just heard from Terry, after I tried to place an order, and Wild Bill has passed away. No more brackets/pegs will be forthcoming from her. I loved the ones I had on my '05 and '08. I'll transfer the '08 ones to the '13. RIP.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I bought 2 sets from him over the years and a set came uninstalled with my '07. He always had a good product with a good price, I thought. I've always admired these guys who do "garage" fabrication. Wish I had their talent.

Hopefully, somebody will pick up the production, so I can direct people who ask where I got mine.

Latest posts