Will my 2005 FJR go up over a curb

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are running for your life then you would have a much better chance of escaping a maniac by using your throttle, brakes and smaller size because that is where you have an advantage over most cars. An FJR can out accelerate and out brake a typical car and can duck between large objects like cars and trees.
If you are running for your life then you would have a much better chance of escaping a maniac by using your throttle, brakes and smaller size because that is where you have an advantage over most cars. An FJR can out accelerate and out brake a typical car MOST CARS and can duck between large objects like cars and trees.
smile.png

If you are running for your life then you would have a much better chance of escaping a maniac by using your throttle, brakes and smaller size because that is where you have an advantage over most cars. An FJR can out accelerate and out brake a typical car and can duck between large objects like cars and trees.
Gunny! +1K.

A 50 Cal also works wonders mounted on the machine.

... Although I do like Adams support team...

IMG_6349.jpg
+1, Gunny; Mountain Mama and Miss C are indeed two Gorgeous Gals! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

Thank you, all. Great answers and great fun.
smile.png
Despite what Bokerfork seems to imply, I was deadly
blinksmiley.gif
serious in asking this question. Its genesis springs from, probably, four sources:

1. Pat Hahn's recommendation that we "demystify" potential escape paths by riding over, up, or onto them under controlled circumstances (which is why sometimes I'll cross over the fast-lane breakdown-lane stripe of the freeway just to confirm that the world won't end if I do so); Hahn actually recommends going up onto the grass in the front yard--Ride Hard Ride Smart.

2. I recently completed the Alameda County Sheriff's Office's civilian skills class, and was struck by the ability of the ex-cop instructors to maneuver their bikes around simple and complex obstacles.

3. I recently watched again the first Bourne movie with the Paris chase scene where the bikes are going up alleys and down stairs, etc.

4. I really do think about how to get away from
asshat.gif
's via methods and paths only a bike could go. And BTW, my scenario is a parking lot with lots of trees and other barriers that a bike could get through but not a car, and get out onto the street.

Thanks again, all. Bottom line--Look for another out.
vinsent.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Your frist HUGE mistake is using a movie to think of real world manuvers. Those bikes are either really heavily modified with lots of parts from completely different parts, many are even dirt bikes with the tupperware to make them look like what they are supposed to be with sound dubbed over to hide their real engine noise.

FRIENDLY SARCASM FOLLOWS

If you really want to try, go ahead, take the 600(+) pound FJR with 50 series tires, 3 inches of travel, cats and pan 5 inches off the ground and soft aluminum wheels and try a few, let us with smaller cajones/huevos/guts/wallets read your results, or better yet see the videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hans, maybe you should do what I did...I moved to Idaho and obtained a CCW permit... Here, we are allowed to protect ourselves without the "Evil Kinevel" (sic) stunts... Or, always know where the nearest LEO den is and go directly there... :) Another observation; Although I love my native state of Idaho, I must admit the drivers here are "clueless"... Motorcyclists beware!!!

Thank you, all. Great answers and great fun.
smile.png
Despite what Bokerfork seems to imply, I was deadly
blinksmiley.gif
serious in asking this question. Its genesis springs from, probably, four sources:
3. I recently watched again the first Bourne movie with the Paris chase scene where the bikes are going up alleys and down stairs, etc.
Jeremy Renner has a stable of 10 motorcycles and enjoys stunting, so they actually let him do a number of those stunts!

As for what was used and the stunt double:

https://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=817129&page=2