Windshield screws

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nateskate

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can purchase additional plastic windshield screws? A friend of mine ordered them from Yamaha at $3 a screw. It seems like they should be $.15 each or so. What size are they?

Does anyone know where I can purchase additional plastic windshield screws? A friend of mine ordered them from Yamaha at $3 a screw. It seems like they should be $.15 each or so. What size are they?
I busted one out last year, went to the dealer, and if I remember correctly, up here in Canada (land of double the price), they were something like .35 cents a piece. I ordered 5 or 6 of them just to have some spares. Sounds like your dealer saw you coming.

I'd agree - you need to find a different dealer. Ouch !!

Windshield screws are discussed in the GenII Bin O Facts - Clicky Here Lot's of good information there.

I picked up plastic screws at RONA for 10 cents a piece. I had installed chrome bolts on the shield but was advised it could be a mistake............true enough. I just took my dremel and thinned out the dia. just below the head of the screw to allow it to pop off should it need to.

Click...

I think they are 6/32 might not be.

QTY 100 = $2.44

Yamaha list is $1.67 per according to the couple sites I just looked...

-MD

Correct linkage: https://tinyurl.com/qxjeun

And the heads on these pop off under the right forward load... tested and approved :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Like everything on the bike, they're metric - M5 x 0.80 to be specific. I found good nylon screws for 5 cents each, but be warned that nylon is not what the original screws are made out of, and nylon might not break off like the plastic of the original screws.

Of course the stock screws should be able to be purchased for 5 cents each as well; the Yamaha price is ridiculously inflated, but I can't find a bulk source of them.