Windshield Shake When I hit a bump...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maywannayamaha1300

Reaction score
It sounds loose at wherever it connects insode the front end. The way it's fastened to the bike is fine....but seems wherever the assembly is is loose. What do I need to do to get to that place to tighten?

Thanks

It sounds loose at wherever it connects insode the front end. The way it's fastened to the bike is fine....but seems wherever the assembly is is loose. What do I need to do to get to that place to tighten?
Thanks
Hard to tell since you don't specify a Gen I or II...or have it entered on your profile.

If it's truly loose (many get 1 inch of play by holding the top of the windshield) and not just the general loose that many bikes have.....then you probably would have something broken or seriously unloctited inside. Gen I for sure would be a nose removal to get at the fairly solid-state retractor. I did a removal in 45 minutes at TechWest a few weeks ago.

wasn't there a post about the plastic bolts snapping (windshield).
Yes, but that's going to tend to be a binary thing. Doubtful he's snapped just one or two....and if they're snapped the windshield would be laying on the ground.

Yes, it is a very common problem. I too, had this happen. The fix is rather simple, though may necessitate some skill on your part... Don't hit bumps. ;)

If it's a GENII look at the back ot the windshield. If the bolt threads one one side stick out more than the other, there you go. You'll have to take the "W" cover off first. There are two screws on the bottom of that bracket. You'll need a 3mm allen wrench to get them out.