Windshields and bars

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mophead

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Dare I post this in fear of the search welfare police but after several searches on this site and the Google site I have not found an answer.

Does anyone make a dark smoke windshield for the 08? Stock configuration is fine for me. I saw the Rifle light smoke but would prefer a dark smoke color.

Also, does anyone make SHORTER handle bars for the FJR? I see everyone adds the risers immediately, but I wouldn't mind going lower if possible.

Dare I post this in fear of the search welfare police but after several searches on this site and the Google site I have not found an answer.
Does anyone make a dark smoke windshield for the 08? Stock configuration is fine for me. I saw the Rifle light smoke but would prefer a dark smoke color.

Also, does anyone make SHORTER handle bars for the FJR? I see everyone adds the risers immediately, but I wouldn't mind going lower if possible.
Cee Bailey makes two different dark smoke windshields - https://www.ceebaileys.com/yamaha/fjr1300_06_sel.html

There's a picture of an 08 with it here - https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=104525

Regarding the handle bars I believe that there are three adjustments and that it comes from the factory in the middle adjustment. So you could adjust the bars forward to lower your stance. I haven't tried this yet, I've only had my bike a couple of weeks and I'm still getting used to it. I did the BJM mod, which I fond on this forum and it wirked great and after a few more rides I'm going to adjust the suspension.

Hope this helps.

maha/fjr1300_06_sel...............................................There's a picture of an 08 with it here - https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=104525

Regarding the handle bars I believe that there are three adjustments and that it comes from the factory in the middle adjustment. So you could adjust the bars forward to lower your stance. I haven't tried this yet, I've only had my bike a couple of weeks and I'm still getting used to it. I did the BJM mod, which I fond on this forum and it wirked great and after a few more rides I'm going to adjust the suspension.

Hope this helps.
That dark screen sure does look good :exclamation:

RE: the handle bars, at least on my '08 "A" ,,,,,,,,,I was told that there's no adjustment.

The service guys looked it up in their manuel and only the "AE" models have the adjustment.

Please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, I'd like to know also.

maha/fjr1300_06_sel...............................................There's a picture of an 08 with it here - https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=104525

Hope this helps.

RE: the handle bars, at least on my '08 "A" ,,,,,,,,,I was told that there's no adjustment.

The service guys looked it up in their manuel and only the "AE" models have the adjustment.

Find another shop! Your service guys are idiots!

The bars on the A & AE are the same. A GenII owner will chime in and tell you how to adjust them.

Hope this helps.

The bars on the A & AE are the same. A GenII owner will chime in and tell you how to adjust them.

Cee Bailey makes two different dark smoke windshields - https://www.ceebaileys.com/yamaha/fjr1300_06_sel.html

There's a picture of an 08 with it here - https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=104525

Hope this helps.

Wow, that dark shield on the 08 looks....bitch'n.

I was really hoping some enterprising machinist would offer something simular to the riser blocks they make for the Gen II bikes, but instead of being just risers for the stock bars, they would have good old school handbar clamps, so you could just install regular 7/8 handlebars,

There are ALOT of regular handlebars on the market, and even Flanders will custom bend whatever you want if you can not find ones to suit you.

There is a company that makes adjustable height "clip on" type bars, but I hear they do not fit the Gen II bikes (clearence issues)

You can do what I did, and remove the outer pin on the bottom of the bars, this allows you to swing the bars farther out.

KM

Wow, that dark shield on the 08 looks....bitch'n.

I was really hoping some enterprising machinist would offer something simular to the riser blocks they make for the Gen II bikes, but instead of being just risers for the stock bars, they would have good old school handbar clamps, so you could just install regular 7/8 handlebars,

There are ALOT of regular handlebars on the market, and even Flanders will custom bend whatever you want if you can not find ones to suit you.

There is a company that makes adjustable height "clip on" type bars, but I hear they do not fit the Gen II bikes (clearence issues)

You can do what I did, and remove the outer pin on the bottom of the bars, this allows you to swing the bars farther out.

KM
If enough Gen II owners bug these guys they would probably do something about it.

Superbike Handlebar Riser Kit for Gen I

Seriously considering these. Have the Helibar risers and they put the grips in the right place but the grips still need about a 10 degree twist out.

Thanks for that info.......................

also found this on search..........link to adjustment thread
It's easier than the link tries to explain. No screw driver is required, only if you're doing it wrong. All one needs to do is fully loosen the nuts and bolts, not even think of removing, then the unit right and left side bars move back and forth with ease as one assembly.

It's easier than the link tries to explain. No screw driver is required, only if you're doing it wrong. All one needs to do is fully loosen the nuts and bolts, not even think of removing, then the unit right and left side bars move back and forth with ease as one assembly.

You still have to pick the bars up enough to clear the pins don't you?

But yes you do need to loosen both sides together.

KM

I wanted a dark smoke winshield, but I didn't want to spend a lot for it so I did it the cheap way.

PICT0007.jpg

A $4.00 can of krylon, remove the windshield, spray the back, a little of my time and its done!! I could go back to a stock clear windshield for $70.00. I figured I don't look through the windshield, even when it's all the way up. Why not paint it. There are other pictures of painted shields on this forum to look at too. Just throwing out an idea.

Erik