Winter......Oooh......good god y'all

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattster31

Reaction score
Absolutely something.......

d74bb199.jpg

IMG205.jpg

partial list of things needed thus far...

CCT

Valve Shims

Rear shock Stock from any year

Fuse block

Winter can be a challenge. Don't forget to check the air in that bicycle tire come spring. It looks a little low. :rolleyes:

Keep Going!

CCT

Valve Shims

Fuse block
Why on earth did you pull the engine out of the frame?

Is this just some sort of strange exercise to prove that you can field strip your FJR in less than a winter? :blink:

You do know that you can do all of those things listed with the bike still put together, right? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropped a penny in there, didn't ya?

j/k

I am impressed...will we get pictures as you start putting it back together?

(You are putting it back together, right?)

CCT

Valve Shims

Fuse block

Is this just some sort of strange exercise to prove that you can field strip your FJR in less than a winter? :blink:

You do know that you can do all of those things listed with the bike still put together, right? :unsure:
Uh Fred, you do know you're speaking to a Canadian, don't you? After years with them on our Forum and at their annual CFR's, you do realize they march to the beat of a "different" drummer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! That's incredible to think that all of those parts will be a working motorcycle again. :dribble:

I'm going to change my oil and change my own tires, but that is scary. LOL!

Pistons, I wanna see 4 pistons on the table!

I know, he's going to write and copyright a new service manual. :unsure:

CCT

Valve Shims

Fuse block

Uh Fred, you do know you're speaking to a Canadian, don't you? After years with them on our Forum and at their annual CFR's, you do realize they march to the beat of a "different" drummer!
Rhetorical:

A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question posed for its persuasive effect without the expectation of a reply (ex: "Why me?") Rhetorical questions encourage the listener to think about what the (often obvious) answer to the question must be. ...

;)

CCT

Valve Shims

Fuse block

Yes...........but why do people climb Everest??? I'm hoping for no leftover bolts!!!!

Today over Donner Pass. When I bought the FJR December 1, I left the cruiser in Reno. Today was the day to retrieve it.

Feels like a truck compared to the FJR, but its a ride.

RenoDonner008.jpg

RenoDonner011.jpg

Nice photos Tom!!

I thought the same thing about my cruiser. I didn't even want to ride it after I bought the FJR.

:yahoo:

i think they are calling for a long winter in ontario this year
In fact, Matt and I just got our second snow yesterday, about 3". The first was about 1". But, for those of you who have never changed a CCT, you know it is about 50 times faster with the engine out.