Worlds Fastest FZ1?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugnatr

Reaction score
This week I bought a FZ1 that was owned by a guy who works at BUB pipes here in town. They built and own the worlds fastest motorcycle Streamliner Seven 354.832 mph. Here is their poster from 2006

Demod6FZ1030.jpg

He did all the mods needed to make it run smooooooth and the R&D boys at BUB tuned it so it must be the worlds fastest FZ1,eh?

Here's a few pics at Englebright Dam

Demod6FZ1017.jpg

Demod6FZ1018.jpg

Well the girls sure dig it!

Demod6FZ1026.jpg

That's a sweet looking FZ1. Are those aftermarket superbike style handlebars?
Bike is stock except for the pipe and under the hood- so to speak :rolleyes:

Think I'll need to mount the V1 somewhere before I end up in the pokie :eek:
Hmm. Those handlebars would be great on my SV, no rise to them at all it seems, or is it just the camera angle?

That's a sweet looking FZ1. Are those aftermarket superbike style handlebars?
Bike is stock except for the pipe and under the hood- so to speak :rolleyes:

Think I'll need to mount the V1 somewhere before I end up in the pokie :eek:
Hmm. Those handlebars would be great on my SV, no rise to them at all it seems, or is it just the camera angle?
Swing by Roseville Yamaha perhaps they have a FZ1 on the floor OR ride on up sometime and check out mine plus we can ride OR OR we meet in Auburn and ride to Foresthill etc.......

Wonder how far up MRR one can get these days. That would be a great ride! Not sure about taking the FJR up there yet, but that is a great road for the SV.

Wonder how far up MRR one can get these days. That would be a great ride! Not sure about taking the FJR up there yet, but that is a great road for the SV.
I was up there a few weeks back on my FZ6, lots of rocks on the road- nothing new. Can't wait to take the FZ1 when I get the PR2's on. Bring the SV and let's tear up...er I mean ride the road in a safe and courteous manner.

That's a damn tasty bike. I do love the sporty standards. I'm really hoping in a couple of years that the 90º crank makes its way to teh FZ1... just for the sound!

Did you ask to ride the Streamliner? :)

That's a damn tasty bike. I do love the sporty standards. I'm really hoping in a couple of years that the 90º crank makes its way to teh FZ1... just for the sound!
Did you ask to ride the Streamliner? :)
The FZ1 was at the same shop as the Streamliner so I checked it out as it was is show mode (side pannelswere off), we talked a bit about it a bit. A couple years back Chris Carr was in town at a local Pub where he signed my FZ6 and the back of my Shoei. I need to get his updated speed signature on his next visit.

IMG_0001-1.jpg

That is a sweet bike! it looks likes its flying sitting still. If the V1 is a radar detector sounds like a good idea.

-cheers