• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB - 2005 Front ABS Wheel

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clocklaw

Reaction score
I need to replace the front wheel on my 2005 with ABS as a result of a slight bend. Anyone that sees a bike being parted out, I would appreciate a head's up.

Also, could use a glove box from a first gen bike (04 -05)

Is there a reason you wouldn't have the wheel trued by a shop?

Are you looking for just a glove box? Your electrical system doesn't support the locking solenoid so all you need is a basic box and then you would need to defeat the silly latch. Send me a PM about the glove box.

Well, I am using the front wheel....I could take it to a shop 100 miles away to see what they could do with it and let them keep it for a month, or see if I can find a replacement here.

I'm not sure what you are saying about the box....my 2005 has a box and I broke the silly (flimsy) lock....so I need a replacement. Perhaps my AVATAR of my old bike confused you? Ha, I just noticed that I didn't update my "bike" from my old 2003 to my current 2005. Of course the 03 didn't have ABS either.

Is there a reason you wouldn't have the wheel trued by a shop?
Are you looking for just a glove box? Your electrical system doesn't support the locking solenoid so all you need is a basic box and then you would need to defeat the silly latch. Send me a PM about the glove box.

Last edited by a moderator:
...Perhaps my AVATAR of my old bike confused you? Ha, I just noticed that I didn't update my "bike" from my old 2003 to my current 2005.
You did indeed fake me out with your '03 picture and profile. The profile update sure clears up a number of things.

You did indeed fake me out with your '03 picture and profile. The profile update sure clears up a number of things.
Sorry about that, but I have the fastest blue FJR now.
aikido.gif

Clocklaw,

I've got a spare '05 front, but it's also bent (rode with the bend for 30K miles +/-, so not too horrible) and the rotors are toast. Do you want it so you can ride while you send yours to your rim straightening shop?

Took me a couple years checking fleabay to get my replacement, but it was way cheaper than OEM.