• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt the bike looks nice, but im also hoping to find one closer to home and use all my money on the bike vs. Paying a lot for shipping.

Here's one in AZ Linky
The guy says it's a 2003 but it has complete 2005 bodywork and post 2004 front brakes (and is a non-ABS). Between that and the "salvage title" story, I'd pass on that one.
I don't know, looks real clean and if it runs good???

A Salvage title does lower the value of a vehicle by about half.

The cost of the plastic alone could cause a salvage title.....if you could have it checked out, might be a good deal!

Looking for a sub $8K bike

Here's one right in your own state: Linky
Have to register to view.
Oops!! I thought everyone was already on ADVrider.
rolleyes.gif

Here's the ad:

2007 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry - SW Ohio (Cincinnati)
>>>UPDATE: So...I'm "back from the dead" but it appears it's still winter here!?! 4-6" of snow forecast for the Ohio valley thru tomorrow...WTF?<<<>>>I've had some interest locally in this bike but it's still for sale. I'll reply to all PMs and forum inquiries ASAP.

I bought this a couple of years ago planning on doing some hard-core touring after retirement. Didn't happen....and then I bought a Wee. I put 8000 miles on the FJR in the first summer, and less than 500 miles since. It's too nice a bike to let sit un-loved. Blame it on the WeeStrom!!!

I purchased it from Integrity Cycles in C-bus April of 2011 with 4000 miles. I believe the back story of this bike is that an 'old' guy bought it new (I found his registration in the glove box) and found it to be more of a handful--in terms of both power and weight--than he was up for. There is very tiny blemish smaller than a dime on the bottom of the left-side stator case where it appears it was dropped, literally, on it's side in a parking lot. No plastic/paint damage or cracks. Don't know if he traded it or sold it outright, but that's how I came to own it.

Bike is 100% stock. Currently has just over 12K miles. Brand new (still in the box) Yamaha OEM top case with back rest ($900), newer (2K miles-ish) Michelin PR2s. All the recalls are done (ignition switch, ground connector) as well as the updated ECU with the fix for the altitude compensation glitch. Drive splines greased and drive hub oil changed last spring. Fresh F&R brake fluid + ABS pump flush; fresh coolant; all done just a week ago.

$7995. Just about half of what a new one will cost you....

DSC01196.jpg

DSC01197.jpg

DSC01199.jpg

DSC01202.jpg

If this interests you, you can get a free account on ADVrider to PM the seller.

Talked with the guy and he's holding it for me till Saturday! Thats even the color I wanted! Hell ya thats my bike!

Looking for a sub $8K bike

Here's one right in your own state: Linky
Have to register to view.
Oops!! I thought everyone was already on ADVrider. :rolleyes:

Here's the ad:

2007 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry - SW Ohio (Cincinnati)>>>UPDATE: So...I'm "back from the dead" but it appears it's still winter here!?! 4-6" of snow forecast for the Ohio valley thru tomorrow...WTF?<<<

>>>I've had some interest locally in this bike but it's still for sale. I'll reply to all PMs and forum inquiries ASAP.

I bought this a couple of years ago planning on doing some hard-core touring after retirement. Didn't happen....and then I bought a Wee. I put 8000 miles on the FJR in the first summer, and less than 500 miles since. It's too nice a bike to let sit un-loved. Blame it on the WeeStrom!!!

I purchased it from Integrity Cycles in C-bus April of 2011 with 4000 miles. I believe the back story of this bike is that an 'old' guy bought it new (I found his registration in the glove box) and found it to be more of a handful--in terms of both power and weight--than he was up for. There is very tiny blemish smaller than a dime on the bottom of the left-side stator case where it appears it was dropped, literally, on it's side in a parking lot. No plastic/paint damage or cracks. Don't know if he traded it or sold it outright, but that's how I came to own it.

Bike is 100% stock. Currently has just over 12K miles. Brand new (still in the box) Yamaha OEM top case with back rest ($900), newer (2K miles-ish) Michelin PR2s. All the recalls are done (ignition switch, ground connector) as well as the updated ECU with the fix for the altitude compensation glitch. Drive splines greased and drive hub oil changed last spring. Fresh F&R brake fluid + ABS pump flush; fresh coolant; all done just a week ago.

$7995. Just about half of what a new one will cost you....[img=[URL="https://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab313/icantdrive55/My%20Bike%20Stuff/DSC01196.jpg%5D%5Bimg=https://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab313/icantdrive55/My%20Bike%20Stuff/DSC01197.jpg%5D%5Bimg=https://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab313/icantdrive55/My%20Bike%20Stuff/DSC01199.jpg%5D%5Bimg=https://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab313/icantdrive55/My%20Bike%20Stuff/DSC01202.jpg%5D"]https://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab313/icantdrive55/My%20Bike%20Stuff/DSC01196.jpg]
DSC01197.jpg
DSC01199.jpg
DSC01202.jpg
[/URL]

If this interests you, you can get a free account on ADVrider to PM the seller.

That 07 looks like a good buy. I have had two 07's and my current one is a pleasure to ride. All you need is to get the bars up and back a little and you will be ready to tour. Some however are OK with the stock bar height and setting. I suppose that is a matter of your height and riding style.

I think I'll be ok with the stock bars. My Futura came with Helibars and I took them off and put the stock bars back on and was more comfortable