• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB - Gen1 wheels

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasgif

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm posting here hoping someone who has upgraded Gen's is looking to clear out their garage.... I'd like to pick up a second set of wheels (Gen 1 non-abs). I found a set on eBay, but wanted to check here first before pulling the trigger there.

Thanks!

Steve

Hi all, I'm posting here hoping someone who has upgraded Gen's is looking to clear out their garage.... I'd like to pick up a second set of wheels (Gen 1 non-abs). I found a set on eBay, but wanted to check here first before pulling the trigger there.
Thanks!

Steve
Remember that 03 had different front rotors.

Also, some early rims, 03's in particular, had TWO of the large bearings on the FD side of the rim, no one knows why, but it necessitated a different length spacer on that side.

I'm pretty sure all rims fit all bikes from 03 to 07 whether ABS or not. That might give you a better selection, and if you got ABS rims they would be more saleable if and when you want to sell them.

Good luck, Phil

I have a set of 2004 non-abs wheels I would be willing to part with. I'll have to find them. They have bearings, but not sure about the brake rotors.

I have a complete rear wheel (non-ABS) off a 2005 I would sell. Shipping from AZ to PA would be pricey unfortunately.

Thanks everyone for the replys and PM's. Shipping is pretty much a killer to most deals. I think I'm going to go with the rear I found on eBay and I'm working out details for a front from 101stpathfinder.