yama touring shield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogie

Reaction score
after reading all I could find on schields, it seems the best deal and function for a gen 2 08 and me at 6'1'' is the factory touring schield and if that is not enough, put on a Lam lip for the wife. Both would be slightly cheaper than the cee baily or v-stream alone. Good idea????

I have the Touring shield and love it, all the way down I get a smooth flow of air around my helmet and shoulders and when I raise it a couple of inches the air flow barely touches the top of my helmet.

I am 6'4".

I also ordered the Yamaha shield and hoping it works for me. I ordered it from an American Dealer (I'm from Canada) as I will be down there in a week or so. Saved-get this-over $200. I don't mind paying local dealers a little more up here but had to draw line on that one. $359 verses $109. I don't get it.

Question for DougW. Do you have seat in upper position? I'm assuming you have Gen II. Of course you do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also ordered the Yamaha shield and hoping it works for me. I ordered it from an American Dealer (I'm from Canada) as I will be down there in a week or so. Saved-get this-over $200. I don't mind paying local dealers a little more up here but had to draw line on that one. $359 verses $109. I don't get it.
Question for DougW. Do you have seat in upper position? I'm assuming you have Gen II. Of course you do.
I spent 3 months in Nova Scotia and could not believe the price of truck parts and some were made in Canada. I think there is a pricing crime spree going on there. Loved everything else though.

I just put one on and my wife loves the fact that now shes out of the air stream..but since I'm 5'11 to get the air flow good for her I have to look through the screen :angry: Its quiter in all positions for me which I do apreciate, just wish I could keep it lower.

Cary

I bought the Yamaha Touring shield as well and like it. I am not sold on it though as I think that my torso is too tall so it is really nice if I dip my head an inch or two into my shoulders. That is not very comfortable. Do you think this "lip" thing will help? What is it?

I bought it for my 08 and returned it. I'm 5'9" so with it all up it was right in my line of sight. With it lowered by about 2 inches it was the same as the stock in the full up position which I would over anyway.

Tried to order one today but they're on back order.. :angry: I'm cheap and the price seems fair.. :rolleyes:
I have also ordered one. It seems that Yamaha has fallen behind the 8-Ball because everyone is stating "back ordered". The dealer I ordered from says they should be in by the end of April and delivered within the first week of May. It'll be worth the wait. I'm 6'4" and I get beat to death with the stock OEM windshield. The price of $82+ shipping seems really fair since I paid almost $300 for a larger shield for my Suzuki Burgman 650.

I like the V-Stream for winter, stocker for fall & spring and a cut down stock version for summer. I have 4 windshields all together. My Cee Bailey's 4+2, dark tint I'll probably sell at some point. Too dark for night and early morning riding.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts