Yamaha MT-01

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out the ass-end on it...

2006_MT-01_Detail_04_tcm26-90549.jpg

....very nice.

I dig everything about the damn thing...I had a Roadstar, and loved the engine, but didn't like the 'bulk' of the bike...That was in 2000...always thought 'damn..put THIS engine in a VMAX frame..."

:)

Mama Yamaha isn't sure that American's are sophisticated enough for a ground breaking bike like the MT-01. Americans will be once more force to plead with Yamaha that yes, we will buy enough to make it profitable for them to get it EPA aproved for sale in the states.

The FJR story will have to be repeated for it to ever make it over here.

:fans:

According to a Canadian motorcycle website, the MT-01 will definitely be sold here in early 2006. Will have to check with the local dealer (part of a larger Yamaha chain) and see if they know anything. Once upon a time, we got lumped in with the Euro-spec machinery but in the last ten years or so, we seem to get American models. This would seem to indicate that the MT-01 would be North-American bound.

Yeah, I like everything about the MT-01. I really like the MT03, too. Seems to be the modern interpretation of my old SRX. Looks like they bored out and liquid cooled the old thumper mill...

John.

Yeah, boy that Mutt Zero One, does it for me, NOT. To me, looks like a bike they bolted a huge magnet on and drove thru a junkyard :lol:

Sure,it will be cheaper than, but will stand not one whit of a chance with equal riders, of the BMW K1200R

Yeah, boy that Mutt Zero One, does it for me, NOT. To me, looks like a bike they bolted a huge magnet on and drove thru a junkyard :lol: Sure,it will be cheaper than, but will stand not one whit of a chance with equal riders, of the BMW K1200R
+1

Bling-bling fever!

I got to touch one and almost got to take it for a ride, but the owner forgot to leave the keys in it (whoever he was).

but will stand not one whit of a chance with equal riders, of the BMW K1200R
Absodamnlutely...a different class of bike. This is just a Buell-killer.

Rode the MT-01 today and had a helluva good time. This madly-thumping machine is a real gas, has an incredible amount of pull and is surprisingly agile in the twisties, where you have a choice between 2nd and 3rd gear for virtually every situation.

Using the cornering ease and amazing torque of this sweet-sounding, backfiring dinosaur of a bike I managed to keep up with 2 Feejers and a K-RS on a pretty tricky mountain road.

(After 3 weeks of non-stop rain, roads were still wet in parts and covered with soggy leaves and dirt. Actually I nearly wrecked the bike because of the slippery road.) I was kinda getting carried away and, while racing downhill, I braked a tad too vigorously before a bend - uh oh, riiiight -- no ABS :bigeyes:

The bike is best kept at 2000+ RPM all the time. Giving it full gas below that power setting will make the bike shake itself apart. 2000 RPM and up you're in for a treat.

But on wider bends and open roads, the MT-01 is easy prey for the Feejer and - ergo - for the K1200R.

Stef