Yamaha Super Tenere 1200

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Big Bend National Park off road riding videos from dougs650, he has a number of BBNP dirt movies!

Last edited by a moderator:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Looks like you have many of good events happening in May...Congratulations!

Funny, I toured the country on a CB350...great experience but NOT a FJR.

We have agreed to call her....... Tenere... :lol: As in Super Tenere 1200 :lol:

https://www.altrider.com/product/category/filter_make/Yamaha/cid/1 Here is the latest list of new products from AltRider for our Super Teneres.

I'm 99% certain I'm going with all of their protective gear for "Senorita Eva Mendes", Papa Chuy's new ST! Can't wait for her to join "Salma Hayek", my BMW GS, in the Casa de Stanley garage ese! Las Mujeres muy Bonita y muy Fantastico y muy Rica, con SEXY! Arriba, Ai, Ai!!!

https://www.altrider.com/product/category/filter_make/Yamaha/cid/1 Here is the latest list of new products from AltRider for our Super Teneres.

I'm 99% certain I'm going with all of their protective gear for "Senorita Eva Mendes", Papa Chuy's new ST! Can't wait for her to join "Salma Hayek", my BMW GS, in the Casa de Stanley garage ese! Las Mujeres muy Bonita y muy Fantastico y muy Rica, con SEXY! Arriba, Ai, Ai!!!
I'm liking some of their stuff but not all. I'm gonna get some things for me raven beauty and wait to look it over and decide on other things. I'm liking Altrider's rear rack though better than alternatives methinks, but will consider touratechs rear set up too.

doctorj

I have not posted here in a really long time, but this sand box seems a little more interested in the Super Tenere. Here is a gallery of some very nice action shots...sand/rock riders will love it.

Thanks for the link ! Found a new screen saver... LOL :lol:

big_raid_marocco_super_tenere_07.jpg

Do you guys like the Raven Super Tenere 1200? Ive got the Raven color ordered but still on the fence on the all black... What are your thoughts ?

March just around the corner... getting close to MAY :yahoo:

Few new pictures... I like pictures............. You like pictures. ? :lol:

This is a IN THE FUTURE picture of the first Super Tenere meet !! :lol:

STmeet.jpg

Have you seen the Super Tenere on the DRAGON yet... here it is... :lol: (prolly not true, its a lie ;) )

STDragon2.jpg

STDragon.jpg

I have been on the beast ! You can do this in every gear !! :p

Dirtwheelstand.jpg

Wheelstand.jpg

Few new pictures... I like pictures............. You like pictures. ? :lol:

This is a IN THE FUTURE picture of the first Super Tenere meet !! :lol:

STmeet.jpg

Have you seen the Super Tenere on the DRAGON yet... here it is... :lol: (prolly not true, its a lie ;) )

STDragon2.jpg

STDragon.jpg

I have been on the beast ! You can do this in every gear !! :p

Dirtwheelstand.jpg

Wheelstand.jpg
Great pics, I talked to you at Knoxville NAFO and now as of last week I'm also officially a waiter. Mailed my deposit for a blue one to the good folks at D&H last Wednesday. Guess I'm in for a longer wait than most so my trusty FJR will keep me occupied until my new steed arrives.

Great pics, I talked to you at Knoxville NAFO and now as of last week I'm also officially a waiter. Mailed my deposit for a blue one to the good folks at D&H last Wednesday. Guess I'm in for a longer wait than most so my trusty FJR will keep me occupied until my new steed arrives.

CONGRADULATIONS my Super Tenere brotha ! Did they give you an idea when your bike might show up ordering at this time?

Not sure if im going to FRJ East Coast this year.. Already have several Super Tenere trips planed!!! On tha wha-wha-wha- WEST SIDE & BAJA :lol: :yahoo:

These crash bars look like they cover a lot more than the Yamaha options, which is a good thing. BTW, the Yamaha side cases provide a lot of protection and hold up well to a fall.

Those engine guard/crash bars are from an Aussie named Old Git on the Advrider forum. He just added more bars to the Yammi ones. I told it those weren't crash bars, that's a fookin roll cage :rolleyes: .

And I'd sure like the silver wheels off one of those silver bikes to put on me raven beauty. It would then match my 08 FJR black with silver wheels. So if'n anyone spots any, send 'em my way.

doctorj

CONGRADULATIONS my Super Tenere brotha ! Did they give you an idea when your bike might show up ordering at this time?

Not sure if im going to FRJ East Coast this year.. Already have several Super Tenere trips planed!!! On tha wha-wha-wha- WEST SIDE & BAJA :lol: :yahoo:

Havn't registered yet but am planning to go to SFO, CFO & EOM this year SFO should be close for you. It could be your first FJR rally on Super Tenere if you have yours by then. The have a total of 8 Tenere's on order at least one from first day of PDP but no info on projected arrival dates.

Those engine guard/crash bars are from an Aussie named Old Git on the Advrider forum. He just added more bars to the Yammi ones. I told it those weren't crash bars, that's a fookin roll cage :rolleyes: .

And I'd sure like the silver wheels off one of those silver bikes to put on me raven beauty. It would then match my 08 FJR black with silver wheels. So if'n anyone spots any, send 'em my way.

doctorj

Correct ! I thought they looked good... I spoke with Old Git and he told me a little more about them.... Have you read or inquired what another set of Super Tenere wheels are going to run? I have a tire machine at my shop but having a second set of wheels with knobs would be really cool to switch really fast.. I could probably switch mine in an hour but that's going to get old..... :lol: I got an 08' FJR aswell and a Raven on the way... LOL What the heck? LOL ;)

Havn't registered yet but am planning to go to SFO, CFO & EOM this year SFO should be close for you. It could be your first FJR rally on Super Tenere if you have yours by then. The have a total of 8 Tenere's on order at least one from first day of PDP but no info on projected arrival dates.

Yea, maybe SFO if its not a TYPHOON AGAIN this year... Don't want to get my hair wet.

Isn't D&H the dealer with the "fly in price"? They only have eight sold? My dealer I got mine from told me they have about 20 on order for guys around the country... He is a friend so no need to lie.. Did you get to test the ST yet? If not its an awesome bike !