Yamaha Super Tenere 1200

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shamelessly pilfered from the Super Tenere forum. It is an ad for high$ riding gear, but check out where he rides the machine :yahoo:

Where is that? In your back yard? :lol: Looks like Euro road sign in the back ground, but a "US spec" ST ? Looks AWESOME ! :dribble:

Last edited by a moderator:
...Have you read or inquired what another set of Super Tenere wheels are going to run? ...
I was told more than 500 Euros each wheel, just last week. Part of it is that they are a new design, so the development and other costs haven't been previously paid for by earlier Yamaha products.

...Have you read or inquired what another set of Super Tenere wheels are going to run? ...
I was told more than 500 Euros each wheel, just last week. Part of it is that they are a new design, so the development and other costs haven't been previously paid for by earlier Yamaha products.
I think I may have mentioned this before, but a few years back, a guy on the V-Strom forum posted about getting a specific type of paint remover from NAPA. He took the wheels off the bike and the tires and stripped the black off. The underlying wheel is silver. He then clear coated them and Voila--silver wheels. I suppose this could be done if care was taken with the spokes and far cheaper than buying a set of silver wheels. I may like the black or just not want to go to the trouble, but it may be a good project for winter 2011.

doctorj

Havn't registered yet but am planning to go to SFO, CFO & EOM this year SFO should be close for you. It could be your first FJR rally on Super Tenere if you have yours by then. The have a total of 8 Tenere's on order at least one from first day of PDP but no info on projected arrival dates.

Yea, maybe SFO if its not a TYPHOON AGAIN this year... Don't want to get my hair wet.

Isn't D&H the dealer with the "fly in price"? They only have eight sold? My dealer I got mine from told me they have about 20 on order for guys around the country... He is a friend so no need to lie.. Did you get to test the ST yet? If not its an awesome bike !

Haven't even seen one in person yet much less taken test ride. It was same for my FJR , first time I saw one in person was when I met Nashville Dealer half way between my place and his to pick it up. First ride was over 100 miles in 50 degree weather it was great & still is. I can only hope to be as happy with the Tenere but time will tell that story, anyway impatiently waiting.

I found this picher.

It looks kinda like me sittin on a Tennera....

Tenere007.jpg

:)

How do I pull YouTube Vid over to the this screen? Beemerdon has done it... can someone tell me how.. Thanks :)

Damn, now Mama Yamaha pushed the release out to June.

Ive been doing good home work.. The dealer computer says June on the first ones... My dealer has told me there is still a good chance they call us in " MAY "... just FYI.......

My thought is this, they never said the first of May... they just said May... So to me what the big difference in the end of the month of May and the first of June....... LOL I'm optimistic! LOL Heck, at least we get the darn thing.... If I have to wait a few more days to come in, that's just a few more bucks I can save to pay for it... :yahoo:

Damn, now Mama Yamaha pushed the release out to June.

Ive been doing good home work.. The dealer computer says June on the first ones... My dealer has told me there is still a good chance they call us in " MAY "... just FYI.......

My thought is this, they never said the first of May... they just said May... So to me what the big difference in the end of the month of May and the first of June....... LOL I'm optimistic! LOL Heck, at least we get the darn thing.... If I have to wait a few more days to come in, that's just a few more bucks I can save to pay for it... :yahoo:
Saludos No One, Por favor, do your Papa Chuy Viejo a big favor and run my Priority Delivery Order #: 156491. Muchas Gracias, Mi Amigo y Compadre!!! Recuerdos, Don

Great ride report... Has a new Super Tenere 1200 on the ride JUST READ IT !!!

Any Super Tenere buyers.... think about buying after market pegs and skid plate...... WOWZERZ... ya gotta read the report !

My thought is this, they never said the first of May... they just said May... So to me what the big difference in the end of the month of May and the first of June....... LOL I'm optimistic! LOL
You're starting to sound an awful lot like many BMW apologists I know........... :)

Any Super Tenere buyers.... think about buying after market pegs and skid plate...... WOWZERZ... ya gotta read the report !
Gotta be a weak point somewhere, but this is the second time I've seen a right foot peg broken off.

I'm still on the fence, but IF IF IF I do order the Super, it won't be with the stock Yami crash bars.

:lol:

My thought is this, they never said the first of May... they just said May... So to me what the big difference in the end of the month of May and the first of June....... LOL I'm optimistic! LOL
You're starting to sound an awful lot like many BMW apologists I know........... :)

Bbaaahahahahhahaaaaaaaa NO-WAY...'Jose'.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gotta be a weak point somewhere, but this is the second time I've seen a right foot peg broken off.

I'm still on the fence, but IF IF IF I do order the Super, it won't be with the stock Yami crash bars.
This was the first on the foot peg for me... And I really had no intention of replacing them.. After this im going too with some type of motocross peg.. I gotta get something that wont destroy the bottoms of the riding boots.

The skid plate mounted straight to the bottom of the oil pan is DUMB ! That really confirms that the factory skid plate is for "looks" only..... In fine print its probably called a rock guard... That's all its good for.. Have you ever seen the front mounts ? Holy smokes, they are made out of something that looks like 16g aluminum stampings.. VERY week.... I'm sure we are going to see a few more holes in the bottom of the motor cases before its over. (Hope it does not turn into a KTM kickstand issue..) :(

I might use Yamaha crash bar but im designing my own bomb proof 'mega' skid plate... Wont have to worry...

O yea....... go put your deposit down, so we can go ride... you only have about 20 days left!! ;) Go-GO-GO-GO-GO-GO-GO