Yamaha Topcase (New?)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new Rack does not just bolt on, but requires some extra bits and pieces to be fitted under the seat. One of these bits (a steel plate with a hole in it) was not in the box...

Will post the pics when I get the missing part in the mail...

Yamabits has the Top Case and Carrier up on there website.Putting my order in now.
Yamabits is a UK company. The 50L case they offer is a "City" top box which I believe is different than the 50L top box that @rjen has purchased and it also looks like the 50L City top box may use a different mount. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited by a moderator:
50L Carrier (Mounting Rack) ordered today.

Crossing my fingers that there will be no hick-ups.

50L Top Case (Box) Ocean Depth (DPBMU) not available until Mid April.

(DPBMU) colour code = Cobalt Blue 2006, 2012, 2016.

I installed the new Rack on my 2013 today.

Unfortunately you need to cut the holes in the rear side fairing a little larger, making it more that a few minutes work...

The result is quite nice: it hold the old topcase exactly, and the case is attached al lot more securely than it was with the old adapter.

One word of warning though: the extra scaffolding under the seat may be a problem with some aftermarket seats. I was using a Corbin seat, and the passenger seat does NOT fit anymore with the new luggage rack!

Preparation: enlarging the holes in the fairing...

bagagerek_004.jpg

Installing the extra Scaffolding under the seat...

bagagerek_008.jpg

Attaching the Rack...

bagagerek_014.jpg

The result...

bagagerek_016.jpg

and with the old topcase attached...

bagagerek_018.jpg

Looks great. However, the part that bolts under the seat looks like it won't work on my Gen II. I'll stick with my Stiffy kit and SR357. I ride solo 90% of the time, so the few times my wife rides with me and I have the oem trunk on, I'll be ok.

Thx for posting up the pics.

*ionbeam
The City Case you refer to is not the same as the 50L FJR Top Case in the beginning of this post.

The City Case is for the XJ series (FZ6R) and requires a different mount, which likely will not fit the FJR.

You want the 50L Top Case Touring with the Rear Carrier (mount bracket) in @rjen post.

Just received a quote from local Yamaha dealer for 50l case + rack. Will be available by April for list price: 540 Euro/box, 197 Euro/rack and they offered 10% discount out of that.

I am quite happy with my current set-up with GIVI V47 Tech, but I like this new design a lot... Hard decision now.
rolleyes.gif

The Carrier Rack I ordered came in last Wed.

That's a total of 3 weeks from overseas.

I would say that's pretty good.

The note of "Delivery Mid April" for the 50L Top Box has been removed from the UK Yamaha site.

I placed my order tonight for 50L Top Box colour Ocean Depth with YamaBits.

We'll how long mother Yamaha will take to fill this order.

Went to the IMS show yesterday and of course stopped by the Yamaha display. They had a wall of personalize-your-ride accessories, mostly for the cruisers, and this rack was hanging there with it all.

Maybe I am a little late on this, but nothing came up on my forum search. Does anyone own one yet?Like to hear some specifics. New mounting plate? Has the rear subframe been beefed up on the '16?

I see on the Yamaha site that it is going for $777? Love to have someone write up a opinion on one if

they have one.

I bought what I thought was the 50L but turns out that they tricked me(my fault I guess) mounted a 39L when I purchased my 2013 at a dealer. I really like the trunk but it was just too small for 2up trips so I bought the 56L Givi I have the stiffy kit on back and the Yammie trun worked well for the on weekender I did with it so now it sits new in the box in my garage I am trying to sell it along with mounting hardware for 500 included shipping to lower 48 US