Yamalube FJR specific final drive lube

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAGO RUNNER

Reaction score
any body usong this? 19.95 at FJR goodies. Or is there anything else better?

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Mobil 1 synthetic gear oil. Last time I changed it (after 8000 miles) it looked brand new.

I use Mobil 1 synthetic gear oil. Last time I changed it (after 8000 miles) it looked brand new.

I use the same thing, and change it with every engine oil change... a little overkill, but the Mobile 1 is cheap and you can get 4 changes out of one bottle.

I wanted to use that expensive Yamaha stuff for my last change, but it wasn't available off the shelf. The dealer said they could order it, but not until they had something like a $3,000.00 order in the pipeline. Ordering the Yamalube on-line myself was ruled out by shipping charges on top of the already outrageous price, putting me in about the same position as the dealer. So I picked up a quart of Valvoline synth stuff at the auto parts store and put her in the punkin.

My old oil was also clean when I changed it out, with no metal on the magnet. The dealer had been doing the changes up till then, under contract, so I don't know what brand it was. It looked and smelled like dyno oil.