YES warranty in Florida

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bob-st

Reaction score
Anyone living in Florida bought a YES warranty from out-of-state?

If so have you had any issues because it was not purchased in Florida?

Bob

Hey Bob,

fellow floridian, or sould I say feckered person when comes to warranty's? I haven't tried to get one from YES (yet), but when inquiring about my st1300 with dealers in Ga and Ala, etc... they said no way, not if yer in Fl, wont' work.

Not sure about he politicians, but someone mentioned the one responsible for the situatino here is leaving office in about a year. Sounds like a long shot but maybe the laws will change?

regards,

I live in Fort Lauderdale-registered the title in Fl -Yamaha paperwork I used my address in Louisiana. If you have an out of state address on file at Yamaha they can sell a non florida YES. Have yet to use it.

I'm in Orlando and I bought an '07 in Maryville, TN (just south of Knoxville) during the Honda Hoot. I paid sales tax here in Florida, but I bought the YES from the Maryville dealership. We'll see how it goes.

The dealership down here is full of retards. They couldn't figure out how to order the '06-'07 factory service manual from Yamaha, kept trying to fob Hayne's/Clymer's off on me. So I'll hope to avoid having them work on my bike. I did the 600mi steering bearings, shaftdrive oil, engine oil/filter, etc myself.

I live in Jacksonville, Florida - purchased "YES" from D & H Cycles, Cullman, Alabama.....never had to use it yet.
I live in South Florida and I am thinking about buying YES, just heard of D&H, has anyone that lives in Florida has had anu issues using YES in FL if bought in D&H??

Thanks

Anyone living in Florida bought a YES warranty from out-of-state?
If so have you had any issues because it was not purchased in Florida?

Bob

I am getting ready to buy a YES, I am a florida resident and I have read about the issues of buying out of state at a discount price. Anyone has any updates on this? SPecialy people that purchase out of state and try to use in FL.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.