ZION and BRYCE Canyon National Park

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ynotride

Reaction score
Took a ride up to Utah this weekend with my wife. Ended up riding 1260 miles in 4 days and seeing some really beautiful scenery. Friday we slabbed it to Vegas. I still can't believe how many idiot drivers were out. We must have been cut off 20 times and we were going 80-85.

First stop stateline

DSC04433.jpg

Saturday we made our way up to Zion and then thru the Dixie forest and stayed overnight in Panguitch,Utah.The weather was beautiful and the park was packed full of tourist like us.

DSC04442.jpg

DSC04444.jpg

We had a nice lunch on the side of the road inside the park.

DSC04453.jpg

Saturday night movies in Panguitch

DSC04461.jpg

Sunday we visited Bryce Canyon and HWY 12 to Escalante. The views on that road are amazing. From Escalante we headed thru Kanaab and Hurricane and stayed overnight in Mesquite. The winds were really bad and it was cold. We both had the electric vests blasting all day. That wind sure kicks your butt riding in it for 8 hours.

Red Canyon

DSC04471.jpg

DSC04476.jpg

Natural Bridge

DSC04498.jpg

DSC04505.jpg

DSC04507.jpg

Busted

DSC04529.jpg

J/K - this actually worked really good and made me slow down. It is an old cop car with a mannequin in it. My wife didnt believe me so we turned around to confirm

DSC04525.jpg

Sunday the weather improved and we slabbed it back home. We did make one quick stop at Calico Ghost town. We have driven by there 1000’s of times and never stopped. I’m glad we did it was a pretty cool little town.

DSC04540.jpg

Dan - Excellent report, Great pix, great ride!! :yahoo:

Nice contrast of the rocks and bikes.

Looked like some great weather out there too.

Andrea is my hero! She rode all those miles too, on her Ninja. Awesome!! She's puts us CBA riders to shame. :( But we're a proud lot of CBA riders! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I got lucky. Did an IBA SaddleSore1000 on U.S.12 last Thursday. GREAT weather. Had a blast. I love that road.

Only thing was east of Boulder on 12, where you climb up to 9600' feet elevation or so, the Aspens were all bare. Thought maybe a previous fire or something, but they weren't actually burnt and there was the occasional pine scattered right in the middle of them. So, all dead because of some disease? Or just not blooming yet? That area is absolutely beautiful when they are in bloom. Not so much when they are bare.

Still, what a great ride. First time I did that and that will now be at least a once a year ride for me.

Nice report, thanks. I went thru that area a couple of weeks ago and agree about the winds-they really wear you out.

Nice report and photo's. That is a beautiful part of the west. Vegas is the pits. Used to be worse with the drive-in liquor stores. You could get cups and ice with your brown bag. ;)

Saturday night movies in Panguitch

DSC04461.jpg

J/K - this actually worked really good and made me slow down. It is an old cop car with a mannequin in it. My wife didnt believe me so we turned around to confirm

DSC04525.jpg
That's such amazing scenery. Great pics. Boy, they show the latest releases in Panguitch, don't they? And I'm glad you didn't do something foolish, like let the air out of that Bronco's tires. You didn't, did you? :rolleyes:

By the way, if you ever pass through Hurricane, UT, everybody, for god's sake, DON'T pronounce it "Hurr-i-cane" like it is everywhere else. They're all very quick to tell you "it's pronounced Hurr-a-c'n." ALL of 'em. I checked.

That's such amazing scenery. Great pics. Boy, they show the latest releases in Panguitch, don't they? And I'm glad you didn't do something foolish, like let the air out of that Bronco's tires. You didn't, did you? :rolleyes:

By the way, if you ever pass through Hurricane, UT, everybody, for god's sake, DON'T pronounce it "Hurr-i-cane" like it is everywhere else. They're all very quick to tell you "it's pronounced Hurr-a-c'n." ALL of 'em. I checked.

The scenery was awesome. The pics dont do it justice. Funny you say that about Hurricane. When we stopped for gas we had just rode 75 miles in 45 MPH crosswinds and light sprinkles. As we were taking a break I said man it is like a Hurricane in Hurricane and a local smoker quickly corrected me on my pronunciation :)

What a great report! Love the dummy in the car... :lol:
Andrea commented on the dummy when we stopped and said it would of been cooler if it was an OJ Dummy :lol:

Great pictures in Vacation land.

I ran across this stoic officer in Ferdonia, Az a few years back.

4608622-R1-040-18A.jpg

Same deal, dummy officer in the car. What we didn't realize is that we were in front of city hall which is also the cop shop. Sargent red ass didn't quite understand our humor and asked us to move along. :lol: