RZ350’s Gen II Mods, Part 15 - Extra Brake Light

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RZ350

Reaction score
Link to all my Gen II mods

Extra lighting can never hurt and if you go with LED style lights, there is very little extra current draw from your electrical system. From the grounding spider issue and ignition switch recall, we know some of the system is being pushed beyond the limits! There are lots of choices out there if you are in the market and since mine is a bit old now, it’s possible there are some much better ones available - they keep developing higher output LEDs every day. If curious, mine is the “STOPPER” made by GYB Products. I didn’t need to use the resistor they offered for either bike and they seem to work fine without it.

4498175075_b724d1fd98_o.jpg

I bought one of these for my Tiger about 5 years ago because I thought it was a good idea. When I bought the FJR I decided to buy the same exact model just because I knew it worked well and was reliable.

This was one of the few farkles I installed that didn’t require me to make some parts (for a change). Just tie into you existing harness and you are set. The Tiger version did require just a little intervention to make easier to see. The LEDs in this light project out in a narrow band, so if they are not aimed directly at you, they don’t appear very bright. On the Tiger, they were aimed up too far to be seen by the typical motorist behind me, because the license plate angles too far forward. I just cut some rubber hose at an angle to direct the light straight back and it became much more visible. Again, the FJR angle is almost perfect for the average motorist behind you to see without any modification.

4498175163_db3608cbf9_o.jpg

4498175127_8b4d5fe242_o.jpg