• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Color choices on Russell seats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrchik

Just a girl in the world, having rode 3 FJRs
Reaction score
Hey all,

With the big GB on Russell seats going on, I'm starting to contemplate my choices for my new seat. Maybe I'm blind (well i am legally :p ) but I don't see any swatches on Russell's website showing the 4 color choices. I see some seats for other bikes in various colors but I'm wondering if we have any owners here who would post up a pic of their seat for me. Obviously, I know what black looks like and can pretty much imagine the graphite too. Can someone post up a pic of their gray or light gray seat please? I'd love to see how it looks on the FJR.

My other dilemna, half moon or rectangle stitching. Opinions? Thoughts? Crude remarks? ;)

Thanks guys!

I'm leaning towards the half moon, the full moon gets me in trouble . . . . .(Iworked truth & crude into one !) Good to have met you this year !

Hey all,
With the big GB on Russell seats going on, I'm starting to contemplate my choices for my new seat. Maybe I'm blind (well i am legally :p ) but I don't see any swatches on Russell's website showing the 4 color choices. I see some seats for other bikes in various colors but I'm wondering if we have any owners here who would post up a pic of their seat for me. Obviously, I know what black looks like and can pretty much imagine the graphite too. Can someone post up a pic of their gray or light gray seat please? I'd love to see how it looks on the FJR.

My other dilemna, half moon or rectangle stitching. Opinions? Thoughts? Crude remarks? ;)

Thanks guys!

Good question about the color choices, I wondered the same thing. I'm also debating leather vs. vinyl.

They do have samples on their site showing halfmoon, rectangle, triangles, squares, octagons................ :dribble:

Problem is, I can't remember where it is, but I know it's there. I'm going with the rectangle myself.

Obviously, I'm no help to you.

I'm leaning towards the half moon, the full moon gets me in trouble . . . . .(Iworked truth & crude into one !) Good to have met you this year !
gotta watch out for those full moons! nice to have met you too Robert! hope to have more time to talk with you at some events next year. SWFOG and NAFO perhaps!

Black is the fastest I think...
Black is sooo out of the question. Texas sun and all....I'm thinking with all the silver trim on my 06, one of the grays wouldn't look too shabby.

I did see the choices on the patterns on their site. still can't decide. i know less stitching is good for rain protection but i was wondering if there's anything else i'm missing for details to consider on this choice. maybe it is as simple as looks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think no matter what color you get its gonna be hot in the summer if its vinyl. Leather should be a bit cooler, but then you'll have to treat it to keep it from cracking.

I say go black. Grey seems a little ghey to me.

Am definitely getting leather but not black leather. I do believe I've seen the graphite color in person and thats as dark as i would go.

Can someone post up a pic of their gray or light gray seat please? I'd love to see how it looks on the FJR.
Michelle, go on the Day Long web page to the "Honda" gallery, look here, you will see a "Shadow" with grey inserts and an ST1100 with a grey seat. I dunno if'n that'll hep yew.
ok, that did it. light gray is out of the question. thanks mikey!

2 choices left. lookin like graphite now. wish i could see the difference between the 2.

2 choices left. lookin like graphite now. wish i could see the difference between the 2.
In the Texas sun, with the dark "shades" on, who'll notice? Why not call Russell and ask them the color difference or if one of the pictures in their "albums" are graphite? Ooorrrrr....go to the local fabric store or an auto interior establishment and ask them to see their selection of naughahyde colors?

I'd bet the graphite is relatively dark where the gray will give you a better contrast. Of course, there's always "pink".

And yes...I DO like "stirring it up".

Hey all,

Thanks guys!
I'm doing the group buy and, when I showed the seat choices to my wife, she was adamant in voicing that the half moon looked the best on the FJR. I tend to agree but think the rectangles are nice too. So.....at least you get another woman's opinion!

Damn! I can't think of any crude remarks right now. I guess I'm just no good in talking to women ... but I'm sure I'll think of something crude and witty as soon as I submit this response. :rolleyes:

I'm doing the group buy and, when I showed the seat choices to my wife, she was adamant in voicing that the half moon looked the best on the FJR. I tend to agree but think the rectangles are nice too. So.....at least you get another woman's opinion!
Damn! I can't think of any crude remarks right now. I guess I'm just no good in talking to women ... but I'm sure I'll think of something crude and witty as soon as I submit this response. :rolleyes:
hey hey, crude isn't obligatory! LOL!

so the wifey likes the half moon? my ex did too when i showed him the choices at work. i really liked the rectangles and that was the obvious choice for me before i saw the half moon thing. kinda looks like it would be more comfortable. but wouldn't more seams help with airflow and keeping things a bit cooler?

Half moon looks too tractor seat to me. I went with the rectangles personally.

Oh, and I could have made a TON of comments, but I'm at work and would hate to get in trouble because of it..... thats my story and I'm sticking to it!