Quiet Forum These Days?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Seems to me the forum isn't 'popping' like it used too. Weeks old posts remaining at the top, fewer responses, replies.

Just me or have others noticed too?

Don't bother me I'm shoveling snow today and then I'm working on your bike
smile.png

I was going to suggest that there aren't that many new owners, and the old owners are ... well ... they're "old."

But then I went to the new owner section to see if there'd been many new guys. And I found that there is a steady stream.

So ... if the Forum is quiet, it may be because all the good questions have been asked ... and Iggy has trained us to search rather than to ask again
help.gif
nono.gif
headbonk.gif
banghead.gif
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Added:

Oh yeah ... if you think this forum is dead, take a look at the F6B forums. Nobody posts from one month to the next.

Maybe no one posts because they're out enjoying the beautiful weather on their bikes. That's what I'd like to think, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like all the forums I subscribe to are slow these days.....actually this site is WAY better than a couple of others, activity wise. Only one that still seems to get a lot of traffic is ADVrider.

Unfortunately a sign of the times, and the time of the year?
uhoh.gif

Mail lists took a hit when forums rose.

Forums are taking a hit because of social media like FB. My take though is that FB doesn't lend itself to being a long-term research because of how it shuffles content instead of keeping it chronological.

Current Events are in Facebook, several groups, pick your poison.

The "other forum" is about as active as this though a little more irreverent. Tech stuff still best here. Times change.

Well Don, we get winter in these parts. Not going to try and explain this phenomenon to you, look it up.

Anyway a lot of things need to be put away and a bunch of stuff needs to be dragged out.
Wow! Barry woke up. Good to see you're still an ass.
Ain't me Ray The ass you see is in your mirror.

". . . My take though is that FB doesn't lend itself to being a long-term research because of how it shuffles content instead of keeping it chronological."
In at least one of the previous versions of this forum you could follow a thread or a person's posting history all the way back in time and actually find a discussion that you remembered, even from years previously. Having it in chronological order was actually useful back then.

But at least it's not inane now.

The sites where MotoGP is of interest are busy as hell! The championship has been epic, and the last two races in Japan and Australia have been super intense. Phillip Island was tonight and there were several cracked fairings and rubber-to-leather incidents between the top riders and they all managed to keep 'em on two wheels. Unbelievable racing, though a lot of Rossi fan boys have gone silent....

At age 38, Rossi is still incredibly competitive. He did lead quite a few laps at Phillip Island. And he did hold on to second against intense competition.

Rossi is better at 38 than most are at 25.

Still, he is 38. And his time for winning is mostly past.

When Capirossi was 38, he was riding at the back of the pack scouting out the safety director job.

Ducati broke Rossi. And the homologation, which is probably the author of the new excitement, has impacted him even further.

You probably remember Jeremy Burgess and his 80/20 rule. 80% rider, 20% bike.

I think this gets more and more accurate as homologation levels the field.

Personally, as a fan of the engine, frame, and suspension technology rather than of the riders, I liked it better before the electronic wizardry homologation. Carmello ExpletiveDeleta doesnt.

I think Rossi has some GP wins left in him. He still has the fire in his belly, but a future championship is not very likely. Although, had he not broken his leg he could very well be in second place this year and he certainly contributes mightily to making the racing exciting. That was some great stuff yesterday.

Well Don, we get winter in these parts. Not going to try and explain this phenomenon to you, look it up.

Anyway a lot of things need to be put away and a bunch of stuff needs to be dragged out.
Wow! Barry woke up. Good to see you're still an ass.
Ain't me Ray The ass you see is in your mirror.
Wow, just like old times!
smile.png
Now then! That's what I'm talking about!

JSNS and
fuck.gif

Hugs n' Kisses