Vemar Sharki Helmet Review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJReady

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Saw a mostly favorable review of the Vemar Sharki modular helmet on WebBikeWorld recently.

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with it. Mostly concerning fit & shape (as compared to a Shoei 1200 for example) and noise level and if a Sena helmet clamp works. I know, lots to ask but can't hurt to try.

I really want a Neotec but that's a lot of coin to shell out for someone who's not sure if he wants a modular.

TIA

I was thinking the same thing. And after reading some of the reviews and what the new upgrades are, I'm not sure I wouldn't buy another Neotec on closeout anyway.

I hope it's better than their last modular, the Vemar Jiano EVO TC. Parts were not easy to get. It was apparently Italian designed, but somewhat cheaply made in China, with poor noise control and ventilation. I liked the sunshade a lot, finish was good. It was meant to be worn by someone with a long oval head. Their maximum size was 2XL which is a bit too small for me. I never really liked it.

I recently bought a Scorpian EXO GT920 3XL that fits perfect, is better made, quieter and vents much better.

Like I said, I hope the Vemar Sharki is better than Vemar Jiano EVO TC.

Try one on before you buy it.

I have a Shark Evo Line modular purchased in 2009. I also have a Shoei Neo Tec. The Shark is heavier and more complicated to operate the chin bar. I have an oval head and the Shark seems to fit a little bit better than the Shoei but overall I now use the Shoei when on multi day rides due to weight and ease of operation. AS STATED ABOVE, Try it on before investing coin.

What caught my interest with the Vemar review was the long oval shape. I have a Shoei RF1200 that fits wonderfully. The same size Neotec is just slightly tighter front to back. I could probably Dremel out a bit of the rigid padding and make it OK but....

Also the Neotecs on closeout are very limited in color availability. I'm partial to the school bus yellow version and I haven't seen one of those on CO thus far.

Thanks everyone for your input.

My opinion, anybody who isn't sure about a modular most likely hasn't tried one. Besides the advantage if you wear glasses or sunglasses, I think the benefit of being able to open it up to talk or get cool air in on any length stop--even a red light--seals the deal. Also being able to drink easily, even while moving, is huge.

I know not everybody feels this way, but I just don't like the closed-in feeling of a full-face helmet anyway. Claustrophobic, I guess.

As for the Dremel, I know a helmet that gives you a headache from constant pressure makes you want to throw it in a fire, but think about trying what I did with an old helmet that I got that same pressure from (forgot the brand). Instead of the Dremel, I tapped the hard foam in the front with a ball peen hammer until I created a little hollow where I needed it. Possible slight reduction in impact protection, if I ever happened to land on that exact spot on the edge of a curb or something, but easy to put just the shape depression in the material exactly where I wanted it.

Instead of the Dremel, I tapped the hard foam in the front with a ball peen hammer until I created a little hollow where I needed it. Possible slight reduction in impact protection, if I ever happened to land on that exact spot on the edge of a curb or something, but easy to put just the shape depression in the material exactly where I wanted it.
+1 That's my standard fix for a pressure point in a helmet. Have also used a large spherical lead fishing weight as I found it easier to hit the exact spot. I've destroyed four helmets in accidents so far and the mods did not cause a problem.