FJR Y.E.S. warranty extension available

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Toro Joe

FYYFF
Reaction score
FYI,

I found out today that as of March 22nd Yamaha is selling 2 yr extensions of the 4 yr Y.E.S warranty. Price from Yamaha is $594 plus tax. So I called Jarrold at D&H since thats where I bought my Y.E.S. warranty 4 years ago. He had to check on the price, when I called him back, he gave me a price of $349. The original Y.E.S. has saved me over $1500 in warrantied stuff and it runs out 4/1/12...needless to say D&H got my bussiness.

Interesting. So if you had a brand spanking new FJR right now, you could buy the 4 year Y.E.S for $389, AND the 2 year extenstion for $349, and get SIX years of unlimited miles warranty (after the initial 1 year is done) for $738?

Wow. In a total of 7 years I could ride close to 300,000 miles and it would be well worth it I am sure.

So, my original YES is going to expire at the end of July. Can I get the 2 year extension now?? Any idea?

Shit, for $349 bucks, I'd add 2 years to the warranty just-in-case.

Interesting. So if you had a brand spanking new FJR right now, you could buy the 4 year Y.E.S for $389, AND the 2 year extenstion for $349, and get SIX years of unlimited miles warranty (after the initial 1 year is done) for $738?

Wow. In a total of 7 years I could ride close to 300,000 miles and it would be well worth it I am sure.
Not sure if you can buy it as a 6yr warranty...but I'm sure that Jarrold at D&H could let you know if that's an option

So, my original YES is going to expire at the end of July. Can I get the 2 year extension now?? Any idea?

Shit, for $349 bucks, I'd add 2 years to the warranty just-in-case.
I'd wait until yours is ready to expire and call D&H, or you could call them now and find out

Maybe I should have posted this in a different area...just wanted folks to know of the available 2yr extension to the Y.E.S. warranty

I don't know if you posted in the wrong area, but your title is misleading in that has nothing about the Y.E.S. warranty in it.

I'll fix that..........

post up and tell us if you can buy 6 years...

i'm nearing the 1 year point on mine and considering buying the YES...

i'd spring for the 6 years if it's available...

Give D&H a call and find out the info for the rest of us..........

FYI,

I found out today that as of March 22nd Yamaha is selling 2 yr extensions of the 4 yr Y.E.S warranty. Price from Yamaha is $594 plus tax. So I called Jarrold at D&H since thats where I bought my Y.E.S. warranty 4 years ago. He had to check on the price, when I called him back, he gave me a price of $349. The original Y.E.S. has saved me over $1500 in warrantied stuff and it runs out 4/1/12...needless to say D&H got my bussiness.
Going to see him next week about a 2011 or 2012 FJR. It will be my first if I get it !!!

given i'm out of the country, probably not going to happen... at least till i get back.

but brilliant idea! thanks!

am curious if this is the correct one?

https://www.dandhcycle.com/contact.html

18115 US Highway 31

Cullman, AL 35058

there are apparently several D&H in the country...

Last edited by a moderator:

given i'm out of the country, probably not going to happen... at least till i get back.

but brilliant idea! thanks!

am curious if this is the correct one?

https://www.dandhcycle.com/contact.html

18115 US Highway 31

Cullman, AL 35058

there are apparently several D&H in the country...
Yep, that's the right one.....Cullman, Alabama! :)

I called Rena today and yes they can extend your 4 year Y.E.S. service plan for another 2 years. Price is $349.00 versus $594.00 that Moma Yami wanted me to pay. Check will be going in the mail tomorrow. I would like to get another 30K of trouble free miles. Just in case, it's cheap insurance I figure.

On a side note: They will be getting 2 more 2013 FJR's in May. They are not spoken for as of yet. I read somewhere yesterday that someone said they used up there alotment for the year. EVENDENTLY NOT.

I am hoping for the 1400cc 2014 model.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts