04 Triumph RS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikerskier

Reaction score
My friend Matt, who has been away from bikes for about 10 years, has had the itch for about a year and has been poring over Craigslist everyday for a toy. After many false starts it looks like he has decided on an 04 Triumph RS with only 780 miles for $5600. The owner, who primarily rides a Harley, lives in southern Oregon and Matt are meeting in Roseburg today to make the deal. Somehow Matt's scooter endorsement is no longer on his license so he has borrowed a trailer of mine to go pick it up.

Does anyone here have a experience with this bike? It seems like a good deal to me.

My friend Matt, who has been away from bikes for about 10 years, has had the itch for about a year and has been poring over Craigslist everyday for a toy. After many false starts it looks like he has decided on an 04 Triumph RS with only 780 miles for $5600. The owner, who primarily rides a Harley, lives in southern Oregon and Matt are meeting in Roseburg today to make the deal. Somehow Matt's scooter endorsement is no longer on his license so he has borrowed a trailer of mine to go pick it up.
Does anyone here have a experience with this bike? It seems like a good deal to me.
Had a '00 RS for about four years and 15k miles. Traded it in on the FJR. Great all around bike. Loved that triple, low end torque like a twin but screamin' horsepower on top like a four. Put a pipe on it for the bitchinest sound in motorcycling! I found it too light for really long rides on the slab and my soft saddle bags would bounce all over. I almost bought the ST version but the feejer had more goin' for it for about the same money. Never had a problem one with the RS, very good quality and Japanese grade fit and finish. Tell Matt to enjoy it.......I sure did!

dave

Latest posts