'09 AE vs '14 ES

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auron

FJRForums' Red-headed stepchild
Reaction score
One of the reason I sold my AE was the overall heft of the thing. AE vs ES seems to have a substantial difference in weight but would I be able to tell?

AE vs ES seems to have a substantial difference in weight but would I be able to tell?
Sure. Review The Comparison Matrix we've told you about before and shared many times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Auron,

Sounds a little like a name my buds and I used to call each other when we were teenagers...
smile.png

Anyway, here's a linkie to the comparison matrix just to help ya out.

Clickie here

Gary

darksider #44

Isn't it 20 lbs between standard clutch and AE version? That's what I remember the magazines saying when I was looking to buy.

Ok...So 9lbs? Either way.

Last edited by a moderator:
AE vs ES seems to have a substantial difference in weight but would I be able to tell?
Sure. Review The Comparison Matrix we've told you about before and shared many times.
First time I've seen that and those are factory numbers which everyone knows can be padded. Anyway, I thought the AE was porkier than that and wondering if Yami did anything to the 3rd gen to centralize the mass. The ES alone is enough to bring me back to the FJR. Seems like everytime I ride my 14R all I want to do is double the speed limit. I enjoyed riding more on my FJR. Is the new fairing known to me quieter?

First time I've seen that and those are factory numbers which everyone knows can be padded. Anyway, I thought the AE was porkier than that and wondering if Yami did anything to the 3rd gen to centralize the mass. The ES alone is enough to bring me back to the FJR. Seems like everytime I ride my 14R all I want to do is double the speed limit. I enjoyed riding more on my FJR. Is the new fairing known to me quieter?
There is a reason that you are called the Forum's redheaded stepchild.

6 decibels quieter I heard somewhere... lol

I think you should buy one and put an end to this analysis paralysis.

Do it. I dare ya...

:)