2008 FJR 1300?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxxer06

Reaction score
Looking at an 08 FJR with11 k on the clock ? Any input on what to look 4 would be appreciated pros and cons

Thank You

Thats very low miles for an 08 which means it might have sat for years/months without riding. Look for tire rot. Try to determine the last time the fluids were serviced. Look for crash damage. If the bike was cared for properly your gonna get an almost new bike and if the price is right...GO FOR IT!

Bill

With no sarcasm at all you should be looking for a gas station. Fill it up and ride it. The abrupt throttle issues of the '06 and '07 models were already eliminated by then. The '08 was in a sense a refinement of the Gen 2. I would make sure the ground spider issues are taken care of, and ride the thing.

26K is the first recommended valve check, many people go way beyond that w/o issue, so 11K is good to go for many miles. '08 is the best year.
smile.png

Tire wear,maintenance records,recalls,safety check,lights,bell.whistles etc,.

Check registration is current and tags. Close inspect of all body panel for cracks etc,.

All is good - buy it !

I have an 08 with 69k miles on it (bought it last July and have 17k more on it). Other than the above suggestions that you look for dry and cracked rubber bits, the only problem I have with mine is that I have to keep putting gas in it, and occasionally wash off the grime. It's a great bike.

What the fellas already stated is the line up you want to go for. Yet while riding, check the suspension, this is with 16K miles due, fork and rear, so you wanna check on it. Sure yours is hardly been ridden, for what I learned her she's about to be broken in with those data.

But the16K service is a bigger one, so you know!

Good luck, I'd buy that bike in a heartbeat!

V

RPK

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if the recalls have not been done, they still can be for no charge. Give a Yami dealer the VIN # and ask to check for the ground spider and ignition switch. Mine did not have the ground spider done when I bought it out of Tenn. but no prob. Just made an appt. @ my local dealer and got it done. Mine had a leaking fork seal @ 14k that the seal mate trick did not fix so had to replace. Check for what others have said and do some price shopping to make sure the $ is right. I shopped for 3-4 months nation wide and found the prices to vary greatly.

I bought a Black 2008 Feb 2nd with only 2,900 miles on it!

Bike looks and runs like new!!

Don't be surprised if your battery go's soon....mine did after my 3rd time riding it, sat too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts