2011 SE Ohio Fall Ramble

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guy's,

Just stumbled onto this post, been having a great summer and haven't really been watchin the forum stuff. I can't speak for my Brother and Ray but I'm pretty sure all three of us will make it.

Road racing at Beaver Run is the week before, we'll all be there I'll ask them then and get back to you.

#65 Dave

Made my reservation at the Best Western and tomorrow I'll put in for that weekend off. The combination should increase my odds of not having to work to about 50/50.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guy's,

Just stumbled onto this post, been having a great summer and haven't really been watchin the forum stuff. I can't speak for my Brother and Ray but I'm pretty sure all three of us will make it.

... I'll ask them then and get back to you.

#65 Dave
That would be great to see you again Dave...let me know when you know. :clapping:

Made my reservation at the Best Western and tomorrow I'll put in for that weekend off. The combination should increase my odds of not having to work to about 50/50.
That's great Phil. I'm putting you on the list. :clapping:

If scrapedup is going somebody had better bring tampax and a large package of depends, oh and lots of extra money to buy his gas, lunch, breakfast, dinner, and a tow truck to take him back home.

See you guys Sunday.

Gray Ray

Moto series #65

Recon mission complete - 676 and 255 are both open :yahoo:
EXCELLENT Bryan! Route will go through 255 as well for sure.

Thanks for doing the recon! :clapping:

Now to change the route, make GPX files to share, and gear up for a great day of riding! :yahoo:

Pretty ambitious route there Mark,you're getting close to those Arkansas 500 numbers.It's good to hear 255 and 676 are open.They didn't happen to pave the hill coming off 555 did they?That would be a major plus.I haven't been getting out much this year so I may be bringing up the rear.See everybody in few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty ambitious route there Mark,you're getting close to those Arkansas 500 numbers.It's good to hear 255 and 676 are open.They didn't happen to pave the hill coming off 255 did they?That would be a major plus.I haven't been getting out much this year so I may be bringing up the rear.See everybody in few weeks.
Yeah Denny, over 300 miles of twisties is tiring. 400 is even more.

However, it is just a target and people can easily cut off a loop or two at the end to bring the mileage down closer to 300.

For instance, if people are tired and don't want to turn south on 555, they can just head west on 550 and hit the route again. Also, if people are tired and don't want to hit 377 south from 78, they can just continue east on 78 all the way back to Caldwell.

Me, I will probably do the whole route.

Why?

Because unfortunately it seems like I only get over to SE Ohio once a year...and I want to reacquaint myself with as many of these roads as I can each time I'm here...cuz it will probably be another year till I'm back...and that's bad.

I will add another route map that shows us heading on 255 soon. :)

You guy's won't believe it but I smashed my right hand at work today 28 stitches,I did talk to my brother and he said he's in for sure. Haven't seen Ray yet but I'm sure once he finds out he'll be in as well. I've still got 2 weeks to mend but 400 miles is a bunch even with a good hand. Soooooooooooo! I'll have to see. Man I was havin a great summer up till today, Oh Well!!!

#65 Dave

Hey Denny,

If I can't make it I'll send your AeroStich down with my brother.

Hey Guys,

I just talked to my brother and it's worse then he lets on. 28 stiches, two staples, and a 10 square inch skin graph. They took the skin off of his vulva. He won't be sitting on a bike for a while. The good news is if he dosen't show, it will save me at least $100.00

All kidding aside, get well soon brother. I'll be over tonight to cut the grass, wash your bike, clean the gutters, cook dinner, wash the windows, and all the other things that you can't do without your right hand..... no I won't do that.

Gray Ray

Moto Series #65

I just talked to Ray, he's out. Another meeting in Europe, I think he said Lilliput, probably be tied up with the Lilliputians.

Gray Ray

Moto Series #65

You guy's won't believe it but I smashed my right hand at work today 28 stitches,I did talk to my brother and he said he's in for sure. Haven't seen Ray yet but I'm sure once he finds out he'll be in as well. I've still got 2 weeks to mend but 400 miles is a bunch even with a good hand. Soooooooooooo! I'll have to see. Man I was havin a great summer up till today, Oh Well!!!

#65 Dave

Hey Denny,

Dave, STOP living up to your "scraped up" name! Now stop it! :clapping:

#65 Dave

Hey Denny,

What did you do...drop a paint can on it? :rolleyes: just wrap some duct tape around it and we'll see you in Caldwell.

Let me know if you need me to bring Denny his Aerostich.

Just saw this (el toro joe clued me in)... this looks awesome... not sure I can make it though as EOM is right after and I just got my car smashed up last night by a little blonde girl in a Ford.

Hey Joe,

Actually I dropped my wallet on it. No! Really! All kiddin aside, I'm not sure if I can squeeze my right hand into a glove, because I've got this huge wad of gauze wrapped around it right now.

I got invited to a private day of racin at Nelson's next weekend sooooooo I suppose that will be the first test if I can even grip my race bike.

Like I posted up earlier 4 or 500 miles even with a good hand would still be quite a feat on the "SLAB", let alone tryin to hang on for dear life behind You and Denny and the others. That bein said, I still have 2 weeks to heal so we'll see. Although if I can't make it, I'd really like to hit EOM again this year the next weekend. Rippin around the "DRAGON" last year was an awful lot of fun. Especially if Cumberland is anything like Lewisburg was, it would kill me to miss the end of the riding season with a "Broken Wing".

For most of us who have SE OHIO in our backyards goin all the way down to the "Dragon" makes little to no sense. Although,I supposed everybody should ride it a couple of times, get your little "Dragon" sticker to show your friends you were there and that sort of thing, but as slow as we had to go, and as many cops as we saw, I'll take SE OHIO any time. IMHO!!! Hopefully I heal quickly, besides, It would really pain me not to let my "Older" brother off the hook for the tab! Besides like you posted up, What are older brothers for!!!!

Hpoefully I'll see all of you on the 18th!!!!!!

#65 Dave

FWIW, I rode 536, 556 and the northern end of 26 on Sunday. All are in reasonably good condition.

FWIW, I rode 536, 556 and the northern end of 26 on Sunday. All are in reasonably good condition.
Thanks for the report...that's great news about 556...however, I thought all the cross road sewer work had chopped up 536 with some wide patches...or something like that???? :huh: