2012 SE Ohio Ramble - May 11-14

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, this year's Ramble and Hooterville runs will be the last I organize for awhile. Time to take a step back, take a sabbatical and a deep breath and let someone else organize them.

I'm not done riding SE Ohio...just done being the court jester. :)

Yeah, this year's Ramble and Hooterville runs will be the last I organize for awhile. Time to take a step back, take a sabbatical and a deep breath and let someone else organize them.

I'm not done riding SE Ohio...just done being the court jester. :)
It won't stop us from pointing fingers and laughing! :p

I hope everybody's got the new routes memorized...lots of turns to keep track of...besides all the hills and curves on this 2 day roller coaster ride. :yahoo:

I hope everybody's got the new routes memorized...lots of turns to keep track of...besides all the hills and curves on this 2 day roller coaster ride. :yahoo:
Now tell me again where are we going...and what day is it....do we bring the bikes???

Getting old sucks!

Just a note: This coming Saturday I am going to slab the 500 miles (and 8 hours) over to Caldwell...then scout the new roads on the east loop. I may be doing 7-8 hundred miles on that day. I know the weather may not be great, but I'll be there. I won't be hitting all the great roads...just the new roads I have not been on before. If anybody is in the area and wants to chat or ride along, feel free to stop by.

I'll be staying overnight at the Caldwell Best Western.

On Sunday, I will be scouting the new roads on the west loop...then slabbing back to Wheaton Sunday night.

Just a note: This coming Saturday I am going to slab the 500 miles (and 8 hours) over to Caldwell...then scout the new roads on the east loop. I may be doing 7-8 hundred miles on that day. I know the weather may not be great, but I'll be there. I won't be hitting all the great roads...just the new roads I have not been on before. If anybody is in the area and wants to chat or ride along, feel free to stop by.

On Sunday, I will be scouting the new roads on the west loop...then slabbing back to Wheaton Sunday night.
Mark,

I sure hope the forecast for this coming weekend is wrong...

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Caldwell&state=OH&site=PBZ&textField1=39.7458&textField2=-81.5131&e=1

I know that the rain ain't gonna stop you though.

I might be able to make it down for one of the days...if you want some company. Are you riding with Denny either of the days?

Mark,

I sure hope the forecast for this coming weekend is wrong...

https://forecast.weat...d2=-81.5131&e=1

I know that the rain ain't gonna stop you though.

I might be able to make it down for one of the days...if you want some company. Are you riding with Denny either of the days?
Yeah...I know it's gonna rain on Saturday...maybe Sunday as well. If it's just a scattered rain, I'll still be coming...but if it's a frog strangler I likely won't make the trip.

Hope to meet up with Denny...but we'll see. I hope to leave by 4am so I can get there about noonish or 1ish, grab some lunch at the cafe and then hit the curves.

If the weather is decent and you want to stop by...feel free. if not, no biggy...this is a scouting run. We'll see if I survive...I ain't no ironbutter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gents, sadly, do to commitments that fall on this weekend that I cannot get out of, I will not be able to attend.

(yall realize this is mother's day weekend right?)

Ride Safe, keep the shinny side up.

:D

Gents, sadly, do to commitments that fall on this weekend that I cannot get out of, I will not be able to attend.

Sorry to hear Matt. :( Another time maybe...

Yes, just in case you all didn't get that hint from Matt...this ride falls on Mother's Day weekend...so get your ducks in a row and attend...or do like Matt did and let me know you're out.

Sorry to hear that Matt. I'd probably still be sitting at the gas station trying to get my bike running, if is wasn't for you last year.

As far as Mothers Day...the wife is the kids responsibility

...As far as Mothers Day...the wife is the kids responsibility

That's what I told my wife...and my older kids as well. So far, the wife has not complained...I will make it up to her with a nice unexpected dinner or something anyways.

I didn't originally have the ride scheduled for Mother's Day weekend...but we had this poll and that's where it ended up. Thus far, we have a good contigent intent on riding...unless they also have have not known about that particular event happening on the same weekend. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, in all honesty, Mother's Day isn't the major driving factor but it does factor in.

I will see you guys again soon, maybe EOM or maybe we can try to do this again in the fall.

thanks for setting up Wheaton.

-MD

Your dedication to this is amazing. :rockwoot: we all thank you for this extra effort - what a committment just to check out the roads. No wonder you want a break for a while :sleepy:

Your dedication to this is amazing. :rockwoot: we all thank you for this extra effort - what a committment just to check out the roads. No wonder you want a break for a while :sleepy:
Except for planning it Mother's Day weekend. :headbonk:

But seriously, kudos to you for getting it together. I'm really looking forward to it.