2013 FJR - Product announced!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.... the AE model still lives (at least in Europe).
As in the picture?

fjr4.jpg

Great feature set :clapping: shown above, I missed Xenon headlights however? In this day and age and knowing Mama will keep this design like forever this would be a big mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hum, nobodies mentioned the tip over guards ala ST1300 or what appears to be linkage to the cats in a photo over on hell for leather. Exhaust dump or more emission shit?

This is a good upgrade despite all the 1400/6 spd wannabe's. The bike doesn't need it. What it did need was some features to keep it competitive with the competition. Yammie delivered. Traction control is kind of moot on a 650lb bike, but hey, it's got traction control! :D

Now if they've fixed the electrical problems inherent in the Gen II's, this may be a worthy successor to my Gen 1. Or, I can save a shit load of cash and just buy another Gen 1!

I view this as a comfortable step forward. Often manufactures are pressed to wow customers and they change too many things at once.

It is great to see cruise, heated grips standard as well as a possible fuel savings from D-mode. Traction control doesn't seem like it is necessary, especially if it adds more weight.

Suprising it is down 7 lbs from last years model. That sure is a pleasant trend change.

Check out the color choices overseas

2013%20FJR1300%20Colors.JPG

2013%20FJR1300%20Color.JPG

This Magnetic Bronze, or root beer as some manufactures call it, is becoming very popular. Check out the huge metal flake in the paint job!

FJR1300%20Metallic%20in%20Paint.JPG

FJR1300%20Metallic%20in%20Paint%20close-up.jpg

Nice... I like it !! The changes were a minimum to keep the bike in the game (TC and cruise). Look forward to sitting on one.

If the translation is correct above they've converted to LED headlights. With a servo motor controlled throttle all types of features are possible. Interesting that they redesigned the cylinder block.

If the translation is correct above they've converted to LED headlights. With a servo motor controlled throttle all types of features are possible. Interesting that they redesigned the cylinder block.
From the pics,it looks like LED running lamps /accent lighting, probably not the actual headlights themselves?

Yes, servo controlled throttle (aka "Fly by Wire") is what enables the traction control and cruise control features. That's probably why they even included a traction control, because let's face it, at 650 lbs it already has traction control built-in. ;) But they wanted the other features that Fly-by-wire enables. I suppose the traction control might be beneficial on wet or otherwise slippery surfaces? :unsure:

I don't think the headlights are LED, just the headlight accents (running lights). Just some bling.

So now the real question for the forum at hand... Does this constitute a "3rd Gen" FJR?

Just looking at some of the pics on the Yamaha website... how is that GPS mounted ? Would love to setup mine like that. Also, that 2013 looks like it has built in frame sliders (or tip over protection).

Headlights look Sweet at first glance, but they light up the road in the same manner as all other previous Gen's

2013-Yamaha-FJR1300A-EU-Frosted-Blade-Detail-008.jpg

Look close

2013%20FJR1300%20Light%20bulb.jpg

2013%20FJR%20headlights.jpg

With a servo controlled throttle is the wax motor high idle gizmo eliminated? Is the idle rpm automatically controlled by the servo too -- no adjustments necessary?

Slick machine!

Of course, I'll be running my 2012 into the ground before I look for a new one. But it's nice to know what I'll get next ;) :thumbsup:

Yes, and those Gen III's suck! :yahoo:
Ohhhh that's not right... no no no, not at all bro.

Your a Gen2 guy, the only ones who can say Gen3's suck are Gen1 guys... especially the ones who can't adapt to changes well ;)

Gen I :)

Gen II :D :D

Gen III :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Ohhhh that's not right... no no no, not at all bro.

Your a Gen2 guy, the only ones who can say Gen3's suck are Gen1 guys... especially the ones who can't adapt to changes well ;)

Gen I :yahoo:

Gen II :yahoo: :yahoo:

Gen III :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Oh come on, we Gen II can gang up on the Gen III with the Gen I guys. On the up side, this'll give two generations for the Gen I guys to bitch about. I bet they couldn't be happier. :p

Just looking at some of the pics on the Yamaha website... how is that GPS mounted ? Would love to setup mine like that. Also, that 2013 looks like it has built in frame sliders (or tip over protection).
This picture shows it well:

2013-Yamaha-FJR1300A-EU-Magnetic-Bronze-AccessorizedDetail-012.jpg

It appears to be a bracket that goes underneath the handle bar's mounting. You can get that same position on any FJR with a steering stem nut and Ram mount or with a Techmount. Personally, I still prefer the WynPro Ram Bone (available on this forum) as that doesn't move with the handlebars so your cables to the GPS don't get constantly flexed around.

PS - You Gen 2 (and 3) knuckleheads are just pissy because you came late to the party. :p

2013%20FJR%20headlights.jpg

Love the LED DRL's :yahoo:

BUT.... those piss yellow halogens are so dated for a so called "new" machine. Way to put old technology on a new bike that will be around for ages as we all know Mama will ride this Gen out forever.

Piss (yellow) poor job Yamaha, way to go :angry:

Latest posts