2014 Rumours... CFR on 'da rock' ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best part about moose after dark is that most are nearly black and they never where their reflectors. I see them on the road up her more than a few times a year. Most times, they just stand there like some neanderthal deer. Other times, they just trot down the center of the road. But I have had them stare me down while blocking traffic in both directions. When that happens, theirs usually a calf some where out of sight off the road.

I've seen what hitting a moose with a car or truck does (you usually just knock the legs out from underneath them and they slide up the hood and turn your car into a convertible. The problem is, you are usually in the way. Easy to spot a car that hit a moose. Roof missing from the firewall to the back seat and the driver seat back broken and laying flat. Not pretty.

Please don't hit a moose on a bike. It'd be bad.

I think I am going to head over to Newfoundland this week (Friday) to spend a week or so riding and camping. Some time on the western side but also over to St. John's for a couple of days. I have been to most of the "must see" places before so I plan to take some time exploring some areas off the beaten track. Anyone wanna go?

Not right now. Going to Calabogie Trail Ride this weekend, Codrington Cross Country next weekend and then head out for EOM the following Tuesday.

I think I am going to head over to Newfoundland this week (Friday) ... Anyone wanna go?
Stop hijacking this thread. This is only for discussion of CFR next year fool.......

RULE10_zps693294ca-L.jpg

However, if you are planning on being the 2014 CFR Rallymaster and this is a scouting trip then all is forgiven.

Last edited by a moderator:
However, if you are planning on being the 2014 CFR Rallymaster and this is a scouting trip then all is forgiven.
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack! Not into the Rallymaster thing (I still have a real job) but if you want anything "scouted", I'll see what I can do next week. I could record the GPS coordinates for all the Tim Horton's I pass.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack! Not into the Rallymaster thing (I still have a real job) but if you want anything "scouted", I'll see what I can do next week. I could record the GPS coordinates for all the Tim Horton's I pass.
I already have the POI file for every Tim Horton's in North America and have the proximity alert set on my Garmin.

I already have the POI file for every Tim Horton's in North America and have the proximity alert set on my Garmin.
I should have known that!

U guys are talking like Newfy is cemented in as da place?

and... TimmyH's = Over-rated + Over-priced (at least down here in civilization) ;)

Sell your stock Billy, it's plummeting
nuke.gif

Six pages and you damn Canuckistani Hosers still don't have this dog mess CFR organized yet? Jesu Cristo, if you want this done right mis Amigos you need HotRodZilla AJ and Papa Chuy Viejo to organize this five car wedding/three goat feck procession, dammit! You don't see the Los Zetas Cartel or the Boston Irish Mob needing 6 pages to organize a hit or a heist, do you! Que lastima, tus pinche Cabrones ese! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

ON Topic: I have started an itinerary at Expedia Travel, Miss Donna and BeemerDonS have made a decision to fly in and out of Deer Lake Airport. If I book fairly soon we can get airfare and a week of rental car for $1,300 each, this makes CFR 2014 doable for us. We just can't take the time away from teenagers Son Seth (16) and Granddaughter Rhianna (14), to take the three weeks we would need to ride our FJR to and from Newfoundland!

https://www.newfoundlandlabrador.com We're already reading up on Newfoundland here. These Frostbacks seem nice, unlike those Ontario goons!

IrishMexicanAlliance.png

'Fitter was in my store today and said Newfy is now confirmed. So mapping, it looks like the ferry is taking place in Sydney NS. That's about 1200mi from me with a minimal amount of slab thrown in. Just waiting on the actual days and loca/city on the island. I need to steel reserve these August days as they are popular amongst my employee's as well, first come, first taken type of deal.

My initial thoughts are a week long adventure. So I could be at CFR maybe as early as Tuesday (if I leave on the prior Sunday). Then head back Sat am (I would miss the banquet dinner I guess).

'Fitter was in my store today and said Newfy is now confirmed.
So KJ, was 'Fitter sober? Or was he Canadian, eh! My Miss Donna is really looking forward to CFR 2014, this will be her first visit to Canuckistan!

She is especially looking forward to seeing her party buddy Pam B., those two really hit it off at FODS in Moab UT. I set a bottle of Herradura Especial Tequila and a jug of Margarita mixer if front of Pam and Donna, it disappeared like it was part of a magic trick on the TV! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

1105139297_PcuEi-L.jpg

I had a good chat with the Yamaha Canada rep that lives in NFLD and he is sending some route suggestions. They have hosted Star rallies in the past and he said that central is the best. Several very nice loops in terms of riding. As he said the, the West is nice but there is really only the one road up and back. For me, I plan to do the Western side after the island after the rally on my way to St. Anthony. Stay tuned for suggested routes.

Canadian FJR

I have been informed there is a little road along the shore from Port Aux Basques to Rose Blanche that should not be missed. Ross, feel like a little spin?

I have been informed there is a little road along the shore from Port Aux Basques to Rose Blanche that should not be missed. Ross, feel like a little spin?
I have done that road a couple of times. Its a nice little jaunt (45 minutes or so each way) when you get off the ferry or if you arrive in PAB too early to board. VERY scenic. Rose Blanche is nice too.

Didn't make my planned September trip to NL due to a wet and cool forecast. Might still happen but outlook isn't great.

She is especially looking forward to seeing her party buddy Pam B., those two really hit it off at FODS in Moab UT. I set a bottle of Herradura Especial Tequila and a jug of Margarita mixer if front of Pam and Donna, it disappeared like it was part of a magic trick on the TV! jes' sayin' and nuff said!
We saw the aftermath of that magic trick....

Day%206-39-L.jpg

On a side note my niece just got a job with the Provincial Government of Newfoundland & Labrador and will be moving to St John's next month. We now have an official Polish Newfie in the family. I am so proud.

On a side note my niece just got a job with the Provincial Government of Newfoundland & Labrador and will be moving to St John's next month. We now have an official Polish Newfie in the family. I am so proud.
The ethnic joke possibilities are limitless! Good luck to your niece.

My daughter lives in St. John's and finds the weather a bit of a challenge by times. Despite the large size of the island, she also feels a bit isolated - a common feeling for people living on any island if they are "from away".

'Fitter was in my store today and said Newfy is now confirmed.
So KJ, was 'Fitter sober? Or was he Canadian, eh! My Miss Donna is really looking forward to CFR 2014, this will be her first visit to Canuckistan!

1105139297_PcuEi-L.jpg
Yep, he was totally sober. Thinking... I did however send him downtown to a pub with 30 beers on tap. Hmmm?

So you guys are all bringing your brides huh? Dang, dats a long ass trip for my g/f (Debbie). Not sure she has quite enough padding for that kinda venture, sure she would want to try however ;)

Checked out the ferry Takes 6 hrs (North Sydney NS to Port aux Basques NF). These were the '13 one-way rates (in Canadian $):
1 Person, 1 Bike: $97.85
2 Persons, 1 Bike (2-up) $140.10

Maybe we can arrange a discount for a group rate?

Do you offer any special discounts?
Marine Atlantic offers a 10% discount for all group bookings of 25 or more. To make a group booking please contact us at 1-800-341-7981
Members who qualify for the Canadian Forces fare are entitled for free passenger fare for them and three travelling companions on the same reservation on the North Sydney – Port aux Basques and the Port aux Basques – North Sydney crossing and a 50% discount on the North Sydney – Argentia and Argentia – North Sydney crossing. For more information on the Canadian Forces rate please click
here
The August schedule ('13) looked like 2 departures most days, 3 on Sundays.

'Fitter was in my store today and said ....
Once again KJ is talking out of his hat and is reading way more into this than what was actually said. To start off with I am not in charge of anything but only voiced my preference for a date and location. Canadian FJR posted up about the Newfie Yamaha Rep thinking the Central area is better but the gang from RidetheRock.com think that Newfie has had too much Screech.

If you want to know exactly what is going on it is Canucklehead-Biker that took on the role of accommodation master and it will be he and only he that will be able to announce the official dates once he finalizes the arrangements. Till then cool your jets and BeemerDons, put down the keyboard and back away.

'Fitter was in my store today and said ....
Once again KJ is talking out of his hat and is reading way more into this than what was actually said. To start off with I am not in charge of anything but only voiced my preference for a date and location. Canadian FJR posted up about the Newfie Yamaha Rep thinking the Central area is better but the gang from RidetheRock.com think that Newfie has had too much Screech.

If you want to know exactly what is going on it is Canucklehead-Biker that took on the role of accommodation master and it will be he and only he that will be able to announce the official dates once he finalizes the arrangements. Till then cool your jets and BeemerDons, put down the keyboard and back away.
I didn't think you were speculating, you told me it was going to be Newfy!? I just went with it.

And if it isn't, fine w me. That's going to be one long and expensive trip (n hearing Steamer bitch about the costs, especially w that stinking ferry thrown in!)
weirdsmiley.gif