2015 FJR1300 Information Released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CONGRATS RF
thumbsup.gif
...many happy miles ahead I'm sure...
bike.gif

Soon we will know if the infamous 2015 will have soft paint and or mysterious clunks in the front cowling.

Congrat's,

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
That color is BMW classy without the BMW headaches or price! Hope you get some time off to properly break her in!

Just heard out friend crashed his new baby. Getting xrayed for some broken ribs. What a bummer. Good wishes sent to RFH.

Just heard out friend crashed his new baby. Getting xrayed for some broken ribs. What a bummer. Good wishes sent to RFH.
Just awful news if this is true....

But if it's an attempt at some sort of macabre humor, then Skoot, you ARE the weakest link!

GODDAMMIT!! Just talked to his very pretty wife. They're on their way to x-ray.

I'm not joking. I wouldn't joke about a thing like this. All Amy said was something about 6 hours of sleep and then RFH riding. As much as he's been working, sleep depravation might have caught up. Hopefully he'll call me back soon...

Last edited by a moderator:
Single vehicle accident. Low side in a slow left turn. He rode the bike home. I hope it's just bruised ribs and not broken ones

RFH: Sending good vibes your way for a quick recovery for both you and Smoke!

Now, is it too early to ask for a verdict on the soft paint issue?

Thanks my friends. Yes, it is true. I am the first to wreck a 2015 ES. I owned it for less than 12 hours.

The paint is indeed too soft to resist asphalt grinding.

I am very down right now, I will post some pics and the story later. Bottom line is a low speed, low side. Nobody to blame but myself, new tires on a cold road. Misjudged.

One broken rib, very sore, very pissed. Pop came over and we all rode to the hospital together.

Bike is repairable but I am not going to worry with that today. Hurt.

Really sorry to hear that. The worst pain is the embarrassment, but you will get over it (BTDT).

Meanwhile, be glad you're not yet laughing about it, that would really hurt at the moment.

One broken rib, very sore, very pissed. Pop came over and we all rode to the hospital together.
Bike is repairable but I am not going to worry with that today. Hurt.
Sorry to hear the news, but good to hear that you weren't hurt any worse.