2015 FJR1300 Information Released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for using "touring" in town...
I use it most often when I have a passenger on back. Seems to smooth the ride with less sudden or "jerky" acceleration for them. Otherwise, I'm in Sport all the time.
I've only once had a passenger on my Gen III, then I found that using "touring" mode gave less helmet tapping while changing gear (posted here). Normally I found throttle control smooth enough in "sport" mode.

On the open road, for me it's rare to find any advantage in "touring" mode.
MC: Is that because your idea of "the open road" is this? :winksmiley02:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55945836@N00/7282523312
I have been there, but not on my bike ;) . Eaten fish'n'chips on (actually under) Cromer pier several times :) .
Little ol' England (not to mention Scotland, Wales, Ireland, and continental Europe) does have all sorts of roads, from unmade-up country lanes, mountainous hairpins, single lane roads, right through to long multi-lane motorways. I've travelled examples of them all, and enjoyed (nearly) every single mile.

One big advantage of living where I do is that I'm close to any of these types of road, I can go out for an afternoon and choose my riding poison :) .

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to wait for 2015 ... Red is too flashy. Graphite is just more masculine and aggressive.

Add a little black pin stripping and it would get attention. Have you ever seen a red Harley?

Just one persons opinion. Everyone is different!!

I had to wait for 2015 ... Red is too flashy. Graphite is just more masculine and aggressive.Add a little black pin stripping and it would get attention. Have you ever seen a red Harley?

Just one persons opinion. Everyone is different!!
That is exactly why red is the best color on the FJR!
punk.gif