Alaska 2018

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today was a bus tour of Denali. We saw Moose, caribou, marmmots, red fox (catch a rabbit) snow shoe rabbits, grizzly bears, mountain goats (dahl sheep).

Here is a sampling taken on the wife's iphone. Camera photos will have to wait until later.

red fox (who caught a snowshoe rabbit a couple of minutes later)

N6gED4d.jpg

Marmmot

iSIldmr.jpg

caribou

FsXcCpn.jpg

moose and 5 day old baby in our campground

SKyAL4O.jpg

snowshoe rabbits

ISseCHq.jpg

Denali in full view. Very rare day. BeamerReamer and I. Photo credit to my wifes iPhone Need photo assist to post. Link below. Thanks

https://i.imgur.com/00riymi.png
Tried to repost as image for you but can't get it to show the appropriate ".jpg" link

Well...my tire showed cords today at 3200 miles. Getting a PR2 spooned on that I carried up with me at the local Yamaha joint in Anchorage. We will be doing AuburnFJR' tires for his trailer this evening.

Today's other fun was a shot bearing on my trailer... we did a Nascar stop on the side of the road and were rolling again in 15. So, trailer bearings also on the menu tonight...we have 5 sets between us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Put new tires on the trailer tonight. Couldn’t find any 3.25 x 16” Kenda tires. So ended up with 90/100 x 16” Dunlop street tires. I have Yakima rack n roll trailer wheels which are wider than the stock Bushtec wheels. Got them mounted. Will test the rest of the trip and see how these tires do. Can’t be worse then the 3300 the stock tires got.

Moral of the story: be as prepared as possible.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Canadian FJR" data-cid="1397957" data-time="1527943420"><p>

What temperatures are you folks seeing up there?<br />

<br />

<br />

Canadian FJR</p></blockquote>

Lows are freezing 32 degrees and highs in the low 50s to low 60s. The locals are saying temps are running about 2 weeks behind normal this year.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Canadian FJR" data-cid="1397957" data-time="1527943420"><p>

What temperatures are you folks seeing up there?<br />

<br />

<br />

Canadian FJR</p></blockquote>

Lows are freezing 32 degrees and highs in the low 50s to low 60s. The locals are saying temps are running about 2 weeks behind normal this year.