Alaska 2018

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sam_3688.jpg

img_20180529_1627134531431710402108285.jpg

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="wallyo" data-cid="1398116" data-time="1528074420"><p>

Love the pictures, what camera are you using?</p></blockquote>

Phones, then mostly Canon 70d or 80d. Most the photos posted are from phones so far

Teslin for tonight. Tire change, used all of this one. 4500 miles. surprised it was holding air

OunhkA2.jpg

That tire has another 1000 miles on it but only on a VERY curvy road. I had one of those a couple weeks ago on a trip back from British Columbia to New Brunswick while hauling a trailer in a brutal and continuous cross wind for much of the way - absolutely ate the rear tire in 3300 miles (couple of thousand on it to start the trip). Front was still good when I got home! Glad you got it swapped before you ran into trouble.

Only 4500 miles! (Michelin PR-2?) Lots of chipseal and gravel?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="RossKean" data-cid="1398321" data-time="1528252420"><p>

That tire has another 1000 miles on it but only on a VERY curvy road. I had one of those a couple weeks ago on a trip back from British Columbia to New Brunswick while hauling a trailer in a brutal and continuous cross wind for much of the way - absolutely ate the rear tire in 3300 miles (couple of thousand on it to start the trip). Front was still good when I got home! Glad you got it swapped before you ran into trouble.<br />

<br />

Only 4500 miles! (Michelin PR-2?) Lots of chipseal and gravel?</p></blockquote>

Yep.

20180605203032_img_17587323980466606569237.jpg

20180605203101_img_17595490354731369647255.jpg

I hope she doesn't mind me borrow this from her blog which has been pretty darn good.

DAY 12: The Unknown Off-Off-Off-Off Broadway Play: Yukon Campfire Shenanigans

Cast of characters;
Chef Bryan– Cooked a delicious seafood meal at camp while taking a break from superhero duties.
Sassy pants Colleen– Usually reserved, she was giving it back in spades and not taking flack from anyone.
David Sr. – Figurative pot-stirrer extraordinar and thrower of rocks.
David II – The great weather predictor…(Keeping it family friendly. ) He turned out to be right this time.
Marissa – If Martha Stewart and Survivorman were combined it would be her. She can do anything.
Kirk– Knows a lot about a lot (very handy when things need fixing or improvised!) and loves to swap navy stories by the campfire.
Nikki– Tough chick with great comebacks to David’s taunting and mad campfire abilities.
Vikki– Way too excited about taxidermy since it’s wildlife that’s much easier to capture on camera. Also a special talent for tripping over tent ropes attached to stakes. Three times.
Danny– Provider of the musical numbers. Specializes in “Don’t Go Chasing Waterfalls” in beautiful falsetto.

Looks life they are camping in the Hythe Campgrounds tonight.

Enjoyed following the group these past couple of weeks. Thanks for taking the time to post. I especially enjoy reading Vikki's blog. Have fun on the rest of the trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoyed following the group these past couple of weeks. Thanks for taking the time to post. I especially enjoy reading Vikki's blog. Have fun on the rest of the trip.
I must echo this post. Thank you for the thread and relaying the pics for posting. Thank you Niehart for the updates and pics and info…

This post is priceless for my future planning! Looks like a wonderful adventure (Too bad mine will be solo
unsure.png
) Shooting for 2020.