Anyone using the GenII/GenIII seat from Seat concepts?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the SC in grippy, and Sargent in CF. The grippy really, really is. Where you park your butt is where your butt will be. Relocation requires lifting and moving. Not so much sliding. With the CF you can slide around without lifting. Or, sometimes, without meaning to, such as under hard braking.

I have the gripper surface (almost typoed "griper"!) and like it a lot. Please note that I ride like a grandma, and rarely need to adjust my butt position except to shift a bit after a couple of hours on the road.

Don't misinterpret the preceding: I will keep up with most people here by using lots of upper body movement. ("Put your chin on your wrist, students, leaning forward and outward ... keep your head up and look for the exit to the curve ... attaboy, Hud!")

Last edited by a moderator:
I put the seat concepts kit on my fjr about a year ago. I had their kit on my klr250, and it was a huge improvement. I also quite like the results on the fjr. Looks good, and a noticeable improvement at a reasonable cost. I wished for new foam front and rear, but rear was unavailable. So I got new foam up front and new covers front and rear. Would have been easier with a pneumatic stapler, but I made it work with a hand staple gun + a fair bit of patience. End result: good.

Latest posts